no video with hardware dx11 on gtx 460
Hello all. Firstly, I have tried looking around for others with this problem but have found no working solutions; if it turns out there is a very simple or common fix I am missing, my apologies.

Basically, my problem is that in hardware dx11 mode I get no video. The game starts without errors and I can hear sound and input stuff via my controller just fine, but the screen is black. The problem persists on all three versions of the GSdx graphics plugin (my cpu has SSE 4.1 support anyway). I know that the ROMs I am using are not the problem because they do work under hardware dx9 mode, albeit with a few vertical black bars across the screen. But now here's the thing, they *also* work under software dx11 mode fine (minus being able to run games at a playable speed). As as I understand it, this should narrow down the problem to my video card. But, my video card is a geforce gtx 460, so it does have dx11 support. Or it should, I guess, as I can't say that I know for sure I've ever played a game that used it. I have installed the latest drivers, but really that's the only idea I had. Beyond that, I cannot imagine how to proceed here. Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Sponsored links

Try updating your DirectX with the web updater: http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?prd=1123...lcid=0x409
If that still doesn't work try reinstalling it completely with the redistributable: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/detai...ceb6d8fa8d
Core i5 3570k -- Geforce GTX 670  --  Windows 7 x64
Thanks. I'm reinstalling it all now with the second link (I know for sure I ran the web updater sometime in the past month), but isn't this just for dx9? The overview seems to indicate it updates to 9.0c and previous versions of directx.
Woah. I do believe that worked. Thanks a lot!
Enjoy Tongue2
Core i5 3570k -- Geforce GTX 670  --  Windows 7 x64
(11-24-2010, 10:27 AM)Anakes Wrote: Thanks. I'm reinstalling it all now with the second link (I know for sure I ran the web updater sometime in the past month), but isn't this just for dx9? The overview seems to indicate it updates to 9.0c and previous versions of directx.
Woah. I do believe that worked. Thanks a lot!

It actually updates all direct x components to the latest. MS just like having confusing names.
Computer specifications:
Windows 10 | Ryzen 3700X | ASUS Crosshair VIII Hero (WiFi) | MSI 1070Ti | 16GB 3600MHz RAM