noise
Hi I, completely new to PCSX2 but I have owned a PS2 since it's launch. I am having a problem that seems to occur often from what I have seen. I have that sound Issue snap crackle and pop in the background....mainly crackle. I looked at the topic of sound under the FAW sticky here and followed its suggestion  I believe there was some sound improvement I can hear music/effects a little better in the background but it's all under the static noise. It seems like it always intesifies when there is an explosion it sounds really rough. I also tried what is done the video below. The frame rate stays at around 60 although it does drop at times but not long. It fluxciates. The game I just tried was Thunderforce 6. Perhaps I don't have a strong enough PC? I have on board AMD RADEON graphics card. Amd Processor A403310-MX APU RADEON HD graphics. But I only have 6 gb of ram. I don't know a lot modern pc gaming because I played mostly on consoles. It's an HP laptop not the weakest of laptops and it seems to run several games I have tried fairly well save for the sound. I was wondering if anyone might be able to help me more? If any further suggestions about settings, PC specs etc...would be greatly appreciated. Perhaps there is a better game for testing? I have used any emulators in the past...Autobleem for PS1, Sega-most consoles up to Dreamcast/ and also for many retro systems....so not a total noob to the concept.  

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bG-M-9RS3SI

Sponsored links

The crackling is because emulation is running slowly. It is running slowly because this CPU is extremely weak for PS2 emulation. Stick to playing on PS2 hardware for now, or upgrade to a newer PC.
(08-22-2021, 08:33 AM)pandubz Wrote: The crackling is because emulation is running slowly. It is running slowly because this CPU is extremely weak for PS2 emulation. Stick to playing on PS2 hardware for now, or upgrade to a newer PC.
Do you feel this PC would run it? (see link) I want to be able to use full features and not have to turn anything down. Thanks

https://marketplace.zebit.com/acer-nitro...-256gb-ssd
If that is the i5-11400 it will have around 3K Single thread rating which is above recommended, the GPU is also above recommended with a rating that can do up to 5x upscaling. Should be fine.
(08-22-2021, 08:33 AM)pandubz Wrote: The crackling is because emulation is running slowly. It is running slowly because this CPU is extremely weak for PS2 emulation. Stick to playing on PS2 hardware for now, or upgrade to a newer PC.

Hello again were you going by my specs or the crackling? I figured out the internal speaker was slowly going bad because it was happening on all sound eventually. Either that or the speaker driver. Microsoft tried troubleshooting in chat support to get it working for 3 hours! Youtube sounded terrible and then all sound went out. But I had seen that be an issue in several searches. Actually the sound is terrific through my headphones...clear and no drag! Gradius 5 plays awesome with NO drag. Seventh Samurai X and Ookami play great too. I have 3 copies of Gradius 5 lol! One is still sealed in the plastic. I paid like 10 bucks for it years ago at a game store. Anyway glad I figured this out.