not another (how do) BIOS thread!
(02-27-2018, 07:45 AM)TkSilver Wrote: You generally do not have to "backup" your games (unless you are worried about damaging the discs). The PS2 DVDs generally read perfectly fine in most PC DVD readers.

If you want to make game backups (because you want easy access to your collection at the cost space) then almost any DVD ripping software can work, thoigh IMGburn seems to be a general favorite among users here. Unlike PS1 backups there really are very few if any ways to make a bad backup.

most of my discs are "well loved" so probably a smart move to get the data off them while they are still functional, plus storage space isn't really a problem.

got this freemcboot card from ebay today, gonna fire it up and see if it works, memory card slot is getting a bit spotty (all that dissasembly trying to fix the drive methinks) but still works mostly.

edit: brain fart

Sponsored links

(02-28-2018, 05:39 PM)Adolf Hamster Wrote: got this freemcboot disc from ebay today, gonna fire it up and see if it works, memory card slot is getting a bit spotty (all that dissasembly trying to fix the drive methinks) but still works mostly.

freemcboot disc...I am 99% sure it will not work.
FMCB is open source program for PS2 and I kinda doubt that the one selling you the disk can make pressed disks that work on a PS2 like original disks

You have to look for a memory card with FMCB already installed,not a disk
Anyone can make a FMCB disk but the problem is,it will not work on a PS2 that don't have a way to read\load backups
(02-28-2018, 07:53 PM)vsub Wrote: freemcboot disc...I am 99% sure it will not work.
FMCB is open source program for PS2 and I kinda doubt that the one selling you the disk can make pressed disks that work on a PS2 like original disks

You have to look for a memory card with FMCB already installed,not a disk
Anyone can make a FMCB disk but the problem is,it will not work on a PS2 that don't have a way to read\load backups

yes i'm an idiot, i meant memory card...

got the bios off the console now, currently iso'ing my collection now.

maybe at some point i might actually get playing some games  Laugh
No one ask you this(which is important)but what is your pc
Also. Since you now have a way to run homebrew on your console, you could look into HDLoader for USB-storage devices or HDD-discs with the network adapter attached on to the back side of the console (I have the one with network adapter) and continue using your console =)

Just an idea!
Just as info...Open PS2 Loader(OPL)is much more compatible than HDL and it has a lot more features