(of course) 9.6 config issues
how ya doin folks? first off imma take the time to thank the entire team for the PCSX2 emulator. you have my respect.

now the butt kissn's out and heres my issue.

Windows XP SP3
AMD phenom 9550 quad-core 2.2Ghz
4Gb corsair dominator (5-5-5-15)
ATI HD3870 OC Edition 512Mb
1+Tb Sata HD (x3)

while playing Budokai Tenkaichi 3 (both ntsc and pal) i experience the following:

Menus = immaculate
Videos = immaculate
Gameplay = choppy with crappy sound and delayed response from controller.

ive looked at the config guide, and all of the youtube help is dx10 and vista.

ill try my best to post some snap shots of my config (tell me how)

driver issues are out of the question, DirectX is current.

BTW ive tried a bunch of config changes, but they seem to have no affect except making my videos choppy and some times not displaying the background behind characters in the menus properly.

thanks in advance, i appreciate it.

Sponsored links

the clips of your plugins would really help. however first off id suggest getting the latest gsdx from here http://guliverkli.sf.net/latest.php?q=GSdx

Radeons had a major issue with it, which has been resolved since 0.9.6 release, so that should bring you a huge framerate increase.
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

got the latest gsdx plugin thank you!

the newer plugins helped alot (no more flashing black) however the stuttering is still there. but like having crysis on MAX, i can get normal frames when up close, but quickly drop when far away. fps is high 30's even though it stutters?
looks more like 16fps....

Emotion Engine (EE)
default cycle rate- any other and i get choppy videos
all hacks turn ON (intc,iopx2,waitcycles) nothing noticable when OFF
escape hack OFF - not at the point of FS playing yet

EE Recs (top to bottom)
Chop/Zero
extra+preserve sign - (none and normal do nothing noticable)
flushtozero ON -
Denormals ON -

VU Recs = same as EE Recs

no patch no gamehack
CPU
multithread ON

Frame Limiting
Normal

Detailed Settings

Graphics
Windowed
D3D9 (Hardware)
None
4:3
native
Textfilter
all others are off

audio
linear w/ disable effects proc.
XAudio2 w/ disable time stretch
all others are off

i hope that helps?
Your going to need Vista to run that game properly, also that game is VERY graphically and CPU intensive. DirectX10 will help out a TON. I would advise you to try and OC your CPU to get 2.7GHZ+ if you can.
Intel Core 2 Duo QX9750 Extreme Edition | eVGA 790i FTW | BFG GTX 280 OC 1GB | 8GB of Patriot Viper
Note: Crysis is the game design for PC based to get full FPS is normal. PS2 game it build for PS2 console not for PC then the PCSX2 is a PC based software to "emulate" PC as PS2 console. So, get slow FPS in certain game is normal.
HappyTongueCSX2:Happy
I definetly recommend you to upgrade to Windows Vista or Windows 7 seeing as your 4 GB RAM is wasted as XP only uses 3.5 GB in your case (x32 OS supports only 4 GB totally, and that is 512 MB from the graphic memory and 3584 from the system RAM). Quad Core + 4 GB should never run the old XP as you get better performance on newer OS as these are better optimized in the kernel for these technologys.

Other than that I guess you have the option to update PCSX2 to the latest beta and try out VU Cycle Stealing.
(06-23-2009, 05:14 AM)P00Py Wrote: got the latest gsdx plugin thank you!

the newer plugins helped alot (no more flashing black) however the stuttering is still there. but like having crysis on MAX, i can get normal frames when up close, but quickly drop when far away. fps is high 30's even though it stutters?
looks more like 16fps....

This is because PS2 games render at 60 fps, not in the 30s. Anything below 45(PAL), or about 52(NTSC) is going to feel slow/choppy.

If you're processor is only at 2.2ghz, that's not usually going to be fast enough to run a lot of games at full speed.
www.twitch.tv/krazytrumpeter05
Want to stream your games? Let me know and I can help you get set up with Open Broadcaster Software.