optimisations for 4670k
hey, ive build my new rig which is a 4670k with a 670gtx 2gb.

i was just wondering how is best to optimise my rig to emulate well. right now i smacked on FFX and the opening scenes and tiny bit of free roam movement was at 33%. was wondering if there are any hacks or processor settings i should change. (turbo boost?)

im going from a phenom 2 940 x4 3.0ghz and rly wanna get the best out of my hardware before i OC.

Sponsored links

I really doubt you'd need to do much overclocking, if any, for that CPU to play something like FFX at full framerate. A mild OC to 4.0Ghz should be easy, and likely won't require you to change anything other than the multiplier to get a nice, stable overclock.
www.twitch.tv/krazytrumpeter05
Want to stream your games? Let me know and I can help you get set up with Open Broadcaster Software.
(08-22-2013, 11:47 PM)aoaaron Wrote: hey, ive build my new rig which is a 4670k with a 670gtx 2gb.

i was just wondering how is best to optimise my rig to emulate well. right now i smacked on FFX and the opening scenes and tiny bit of free roam movement was at 33%. was wondering if there are any hacks or processor settings i should change. (turbo boost?)

im going from a phenom 2 940 x4 3.0ghz and rly wanna get the best out of my hardware before i OC.

Optimized settings are default. Use them unless you need more speed in a game, then use the recommended speed hacks.
[Image: 2748844.png]
I agree with trumpeter:
4Ghz is easily achieved and plays all (bugfree) games at full speed.
It's a nice CPU and PCSX2 automatically uses its instruction set optimally.