optimizing Persona 4 to it's very best
Win XP SP3, 32bit.
Intel Core 2 Duo E8200 (2.66Ghz)
Nvidia GeForce GTS 250
SyncMaster BX2231 (Monitor)

Using pcsx2 "0.9.7.3876m"
using mVU recompilers
Frameskip disabled,
INTC Spin Detection, Enable Wait Loop, and mVU Flag Hacks on.
Everything else is default.

GSdx 3693, SSE2
DX9 (Hardware)
Texture filtering and Logarithmic Z on.

Setting GSdx to DX9 (software) just spits out nothing but garbage, and doesn't even stop the flashing or things getting stuck on screen. Messing with the hacks seems to have no noticeable change on the situation either, even turning them off doesn't do much of anything.

=================================================

Just "Fixed" the problem by upgrading to Windows 7 64 bit. The problem appears gone in all the games where it was happening, including this one. Works in either DX9 or DX10 with GSdx, settings are the same, as is hardware.

Thus the problem is "Fixed" insomuch as I threw out such a large variable that there is no real way to determine WHY it needed fixing.

Thanks anyways, now I have a game to re-play.

Sponsored links

Hello everyone! I'm trying to play persona 4 on the latest pcsx2 build and I've encountered a problem:

while pcsx2 shows me ~60fps all the time, the game tends to slow down during most of the time. It's still playable but the game seems to run in a slow-motion-mode. This is very annoying since i have to watch the characters walk in slow-motion(about 50% of normal speed). PCSX2 still shows 60fps during those moments though! Whats even more strange is that the sound is stable and doesnt slow down :| Everything is working ok in the house. When i go to school though everyone is moving so slowly and i can notice a slowdown in the subtitles as well. Cutscenes are working flawlessly as well.

Im using all the speedhacks.

2.9quad core AMD 635
Radeon HD5770
4gb ram ddr3

Thank to everyone who is able to give me a tip since i really want to play this game and the current state while allowing this, makes the experience poor Sad
Turn off or down VU cycle steal.

They are called speed HACKS for a reason... they are very hacky.
[Image: 2748844.png]
^ I gave it a quick test and it seems to be solving my problem like magic Smile Now the framerate drops sometimes to 50-55fps but its better than constant slow-mo.

Thank you very much!Smile
No problem. I think we've all run into that at some point in time. VU Cycle steal (especially when paired with the EE timing hack) basically make you emulate a low spec PS2. Instead of 300~mhz PS2 like the real system, you're basically emulating a 150~mhz ps2.

So while you can get 60fps with cycle steal on, the actual PS2 games run slow because they are being played on a slow PS2.
[Image: 2748844.png]
hi there, the game works very good for me, 60fps in everything but random/boss battles, it really lags to 30fps

here are my specs:
AMD phenom II x6 1055T
2048 ram DDR3
Nvidia GeForce 210
directx9
winxp sp3 32bit build

using version 0.9.8, all speedhacks active (except VU Cycle steal), EE IOP recompiler, clamp mode none, round to zero

plugins:
GSdx 4600 (sse2)
spux-2

I am trying to play Persona 4. I don't know what it is like on the original PS2, but when characters move, and sometimes when they stand still, there is a subtle "Shadow" effect, as if the character model is transparent but placed slightly elsewhere. Also, when the screen scrolls, things tend to become blurry.

I have no frame rate issues, everything is running at 60 fps. I am running no hacks and everything is the default except for the special SuperVU hack for Persona games. (I don't know if this was needed, but since it said for persona games, I am using it.) Any idea on how to fix either the blurry scrolling or character after-shadow issue?
Avoid reviving old threads and create a new one, cheers! Laugh