optimizing Persona 4 to it's very best
(01-07-2009, 12:59 AM)moreno Wrote: has anyone here noticed any improvement with persona 4 by using the latest PCSX2 playground beta svn528 located here?

http://forums.pcsx2.net/thread-2731.html

using the first release of the pcsx2pg i can run this game at perfectly good speeds.. but with svn528 the game doesnt even start Sad

The game crashes a lot in Pg 528vm, but it's fixed in the 553vm
PC:
EVGA 600 +80 PSU
NVIDIA GTX 550ti EVGA 2GB VRAM
[Image: hj0zqy-4.png]

Sponsored links

I'm not sure if I'm supposed to put it here, but is anyone having troubles with leftover images?

I mean when the character first talks to the teacher, the image is left hanging there for several seconds before it turns to what it's supposed to show

EDIT: I'm not entirely sure, but it seems to be caused by constant flickering

EDIT2: I'm terribly sorry, it turns out that the problem doesn't appear on the original Playground
I've got a quick question. Some places that I walk to in the game causes the camera angel to be sort of messed up and I can't see my character or where hes going. The first place this happens is at the entrence to Yukiko's Castle, the first dungeon or whatever. Once I walk onto the read stuff leading into the entrence the angle gets messed up and I just have to keep holding the control stick in directions until it says press X. Has anyone else had this?
@Silent X :set the clamphacks in advanced settings to normal
Chicken is not Vegan?

NO VEGAN DIET NO VEGAN POWERS!!!!

http://www.flixxy.com/my-blackberry-is-not-working.htm
So, is it normal that the floor glitch also appears in Persona 4?
(01-10-2009, 11:02 AM)kabooz Wrote: @Silent X :set the clamphacks in advanced settings to normal

I'm not using a version of Playground though with clamp options under advanced.
(01-10-2009, 12:35 PM)Raffael19 Wrote: So, is it normal that the floor glitch also appears in Persona 4?

in short: yes

in long: yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeees

xP
3.0ghz E8400 Dual Core Processor
4 Gigs Corsair DDR2 RAM
(2x)8800GT SLI (dual cards)
Ninja
Uhm, is there a fix for the freeze problem at the first boss fight (where the evil Yosuke transforms himself into a shadow)? I already tried to disable all speedhack's, but it still freezes at the beginning scene where the boss attacks me with a Garu attack.
Are you using Chop/Zero on EE round mode?
C2D E6550 @ 2333 Mhz oc 3010 Mhz vcore 1.2750v | HD2600XT | P5KC | 1 + 1 GB G.Skill 6400HK 860 4.4.3.5
(01-10-2009, 11:16 PM)antipunt Wrote:
(01-10-2009, 12:35 PM)Raffael19 Wrote: So, is it normal that the floor glitch also appears in Persona 4?

in short: yes

in long: yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeees

xP
(um...if this is "the" floor glitch..i never actually saw anyone post a picture Tongue )
in very long:
It can be suppressed a little bit.
IF you use Vista and have a DX10 capable card be sure to use GSDX10 0.1.4

You will get a little gray shadow-like glitch that will follow you (and not flicker,it will just be there) but it's a lot...A LOT better than getting an epileptic attack from the colored flickering with newer gsdx versions...and it's less noticable.

old vs newer gsdx versions.
[Image: oldxr0.th.jpg] [Image: newua2.th.jpg]

Speedwise the old gsdx is not slower than the new one (a bit faster for me actually)
This same thing applies to Persona 3 aswell,the effect is the same.
On a side note,using x1.5 hack instead of x2 or x3 solves cracky sounds in FMVs and makes it "safe to use" for a little speedup.

EDIT: I just tried the regular GSdx 0.1.4 after I read the comment on the second page here.
In DX10 mode the result is the same as i described above but when i choose DX9 mode even that gray "shadow" disappeared..the shadow on the MC sometimes disappears too but other than that it's even better than running in DX10...it's pretty much useable lolz try it out Tongue
[Image: sysp-93326.png]