pcsx 2 1.0.0
Can PCSX2 do nothing to keep sites like that from doing this kind of thing?

Just wondering if PCSX2 has any legal power over it or not. I'm going to guess no, for a range of reasons (the biggest reason being that I don't think Sony would allow it).

Sponsored links

(06-17-2012, 12:59 PM)Alexander Moore Wrote: Can PCSX2 do nothing to keep sites like that from doing this kind of thing?

Just wondering if PCSX2 has any legal power over it or not. I'm going to guess no, for a range of reasons (the biggest reason being that I don't think Sony would allow it).

Keep in mind that PCSX2 is an open-source project
You probably don't know what is General Public License, do you Alexander Moore?

When you license software under GPL, that software is not your anymore. Everyone can use it for any purposes except the fact that they have to license it under GPL as well.

I hate GPL.
If PCSX2 was not open source, it would have died years ago when the initial coders left. GPL is essential for projects like these to survive
[Image: newsig.jpg]
So it would only become illegal when somebody attempted to charge for it?

Even saying that they made PCSX2(If they altered 1 line of code etc) is allowed under "open source"?
<REDACTED>
(06-17-2012, 10:21 PM)Fezzer Wrote: So it would only become illegal when somebody attempted to charge for it?

Even saying that they made PCSX2(If they altered 1 line of code etc) is allowed under "open source"?

"The GPL is the first copyleft license for general use, which means that derived works can only be distributed under the same license terms."

But Nullo actore, nullus iudex. Someone would have to enforce it of course.