pcsx2 0.9.6 bios
hi,

I am new to pcsx2 , I have version 0.9.6, it needs the bios file.
I would like to use my own bios from my own Ps2 slimline, please note that its not chipped. To be legal obviously & for compatability.

I have downloaded the pcsx2 dumper v2 but it needs this ps2link or naplink which I cant find and would be unable to use it because I do not have a mod chip installed in my Ps2, I just need to get my bioos so I can get started as my Ps2 lens works only when it wants to. I am not going to repair it.

I have crossover cable & flash drive, I have my network cd , is there any programs that can work for me? is there USB prgrams that can get the bios,

I am in South Africa.

Any suggestions?
if there is stuff I can download please give proper sites where i just click download because these other share sites are a waste of time.

Sponsored links

You will need a way to run homebrew applications on your PS2 console, or else you won't be able to run any kind of bios dumping tool
[Image: newsig.jpg]
For PS2link, found a download link here

http://www.cdrinfo.pl/download.php?filen...ink146.zip&id=6261183110&baza=soft

however as bositman said, you will need a way to run copied discs on your ps2 first as you have to burn ps2link off to disc.

Swapmagic is a nice modchip-free way of doing it, combined with their "magickeys" for the slim ps2
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

thanx for your replies guys, I got my bios , but now I have different problem:

I have loaded pcsx2 on my pc, left the config as standard,set my dvd drive and comes back with "the gs plugin failed to open/int" and just after that it wants directx. if you choose not to download directx the program ends.

i get the the same errors with all the GSdx 890 sse2,sse41,ssse3 v0.1.14 and i even tried the other v0.1.9

on the console i noticed the following:

plugin load failure: plugins\zerogs.dll
sysliberror msg <null>

My computer has the following specifications & software:
core2quad Q9450 @ 2.66Ghz
4GB DDR3 @ 1333Ghz
msi nx8800gt graphics card
sata HDD
LG DVD
Windows Vista 64bit sp1
Direcx 10 v
pcsx2 v 0.9.6
(03-25-2011, 09:29 PM)jacquesscorpion Wrote: if you choose not to download directx the program ends.

Try to download the latest version of DirectX and update your Graphic Card drivers as well.
Download DirectX here - http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/en/de...ceb6d8fa8d (June 2010 Redistributable)

While you're at it, you should update to PCSX2 0.9.7 also so that you can get more up-to-date plugins.

Speaking of DirectX, shouldn't another update of that be due by now? Silly Microsoft.
Ivy Bridge 3770K @ 3.9GHz - MSI TwinFrozr GTX680 4GB...
...Nerpyderp.
thanx guys im all set with the bios.