pcsx2 0.9.7 Cheat folder problem/Cheat cant work
Hey guys! im trying to add Persona 4 Cheats to this game but i just cant get the cheats to work.

I have also added a "cheats" folder into the root of my pscx2 folder(along with the bios and logs) and added the .pnach file into it. However, when i pressed the "enable cheat" under misc nothing happened.

Btw, I am using the latest ver, PCSX2 0.9.7(r3113).

Thanks in advance for the help! Laugh

Here is my .pnach file:
gametitle=Persona 4 [SLUS21782] (U) [DEDC3B71]
comment=Persona 4 Codes
// Blades of Totsuka
// patch=1,EE,0079759E,extended,00000062

// Max/Inf Money
patch=1,EE,0079B68C,extended,3B9AC9FF

// Max Courage
patch=1,EE,0A78D94A,extended,000000FF

// Max Knowledge
patch=1,EE,0A78D74A,extended,000000FF

// Max Diligence
patch=1,EE,0A78CD4A,extended,000000FF

// Max Understanding
patch=1,EE,0A78CB4A,extended,000000FF

// Max Expression
patch=1,EE,0A78D14A,extended,000000FF

Sponsored links

[wx] can't open file 'cheats\dedc3b71.pnach' (error 3: the system cannot find the path specified.)

And yeah, i got this from the show console option:

# Initialize GS ...
# Initialize INTC ...
# Initialize TIMER ...
# Initialize DMAC ...
# Initialize VU1 ...
# Initialize VIF1 ...
# Initialize GIF ...
# Initialize VU0 ...
# Initialize VIF0 ...
# Initialize IPU ...
# Initialize FPU ...
# Initialize Scratch Pad ...
# Restart Without Memory Clear Done.
No patch for this game in the Database.
Loading Gamefix: VuClipFlagHack
[wx] can't open file 'cheats\dedc3b71.pnach' (error 3: the system cannot find the path specified.)
No cheats found. Resuming execution without cheats...
The most common reason for this message, supposing the file's name matches the CRC is the infamous Windows explore feature "Hide extensions for known files type" ... go to "organize" in explorer -> folder and search options -> "View" tab and make sure it's not ticked.

Don't be surprised your pnach file being indeed "dedc3b71.pnach.txt", remove that extra .txt and things should be OK. Keep that option disabled for good, it shouldn't even exist.
Imagination is where we are truly real
I have tried your solution but I am still coming up with the same problem of

[wx] can't open file 'cheats\d6385328.pnach' (error 3: the system cannot find the path specified.)
No cheats found. Resuming execution without cheats...

I've put the cheats file in the primary psx2 folder even the documents psx2

i am running psx2 0.9.7.3113

gametitle=God of War [SCUS_973.99] (U) [D6385328]

//Master Code
patch=1,EE,BEEFC0DE,word,00000000
patch=1,EE,000FFFFE,word,000000F7
patch=1,EE,000FFFFF,word,000000F7
//Unlock all treasures
patch=1,EE,FE732D95,word,C63C2801
Let me see if I understand. Mean you the file is inside a "cheats" folder inside the install root folder, right?
The only needed is the cheats folder in the PCSX2 folder, the others are no necessary and will not be read ever.

If still it fails... again... you probably have a xyz.pnach.txt instead a xyz.pnach, a very common issue due to the infamous windows default option to "hide extension for known files" malig... I mean, feature.

Still I detect some errors in the OP (notice the master code is not used and shall not be included)

Code:
// Max/Inf Money
patch=1,EE,0079B68C,extended,3B9AC9FF
the value is obviously a "word" and so the address must begin with a "2" (2079B68C) when using "extended"

All the others are technically correct (I don't know if the codes works actually or if are for your game's version).

PS: A final doubt. the file is named Exactly as the CRC stated by the console, if it's not it's wrong and at least wrong game's version. I mean it's not enough (and indeed not even necessary I think) the CRC being stated in the name's line inside it.
Imagination is where we are truly real
@ Malacub try to use my cheat file that I add. It has some cheats not much, and indeed of what Nos said make sure to create the Cheats Folder in the PCSX Directory. Also on a sidenote, if u play on Windows Vista or Windows 7 make sure that u don't install the emulator in Program Files, since it has issues with the access on that folder.
im having the same problem with Kingdom Hearts II Final Mix

i have followed numerous tutorials but keep getting this message:
[wx] can't open file 'cheats\.pnach' (error 2: the system cannot find the file specified.)
i also having the same problem with mana khemia 2 cheats i try insert their it wont work anyone can help pls
[wx] can't open file 'cheats\.pnach' (error 2: the system cannot find the file specified.)
^
^
^
^
please create your own thread otherwise you wont get replies due to 1 yr old thread
better close this asap.
Main PC1:i5-4670,HD7770(Active!)
Main PC2:i5-11600K,GTX1660Ti(Active!)
PCSX2 Discord server IGN:smartstrike
PCSX2 version uses:Custom compiled buildĀ 1.7.0 64-bit(to be update regularly)
smartstk's YouTube Channel
i try to insert mana khemia 2 cheats but i cant work i see is onli
[wx] can't open file 'cheats\.pnach' (error 2: the system cannot find the file specified.) anyone can help me edit it down there was my cheat codes

Attached Files
.pnach   A08FD300.pnach (Size: 4,97 KB / Downloads: 812)