pcsx2 1.0.0r5350 crashes after 20-30mins
The 3 TB drive is connected using a single plug usb port, but is self powered. I will try putting an iso onto my SSD here in a bit and let you know how that goes. When I was looking up stuff on YouTube last night I came across some videos by the pcsx2team and the only difference I was finding (the majority of the time) in my setting versus theirs was my Pad plugin, I am using the lilypad-motioninjoy plugin. Is there one that I should be using instead of that one? For my PS3 controller? Thanks for the help though so far guys. I do appreciate it.

Sponsored links

So I just got done moving one of my iso's over to my SSD and then attempted to play, I also switched to just the standard lilypad plugin that comes standard. Still crashes after about 20 mins of gameplay. I can sit there and adjust settings and plugins all day, once gameplay is started that's when the timer starts.
check your ps3 controls sleep timer. (on the ps3)
(08-25-2012, 07:12 AM)Squall Leonhart Wrote: check your ps3 controls sleep timer. (on the ps3)

As I had thought I had done, that option is disabled. There is no sleep timer set for either the system or the controller.

I had also gone from the GSdxsse4 back to the AVX plugin. If that makes any more of a differences, even though I am getting the same results...
Hmm, moving forward from here, im not sure how i can help, im not sure windows debug logging can be enabled for pcsx2 in the registry.
Well Squall,
Thank you for all of your help and assistance. I am going to continue messing around with settings and plugins to see what I can do, but I am still totally confused. I am reading everything I can to see if someone has any relevant information. If I ever do find anything I will then post that information here. Thanks again.

Stukov
Hmm "random" crash after XX minutes...

Does changing SPU2-X output from Xaudio to DirectSound fixes the problem? Xaudio is pretty much only thing ever caused a pcsx2 crash for me without my own doing or broken game:].
(08-25-2012, 02:28 PM)miseru99 Wrote: Hmm "random" crash after XX minutes...

Does changing SPU2-X output from Xaudio to DirectSound fixes the problem? Xaudio is pretty much only thing ever caused a pcsx2 crash for me without my own doing or broken game:].

Testing that out now. Thanks for the tip. I will let you know how it turns out. In about 20 minutes or so from now. Tongue2

Edit: Been going for a little over 30 minutes now. Going strong. Will continue to keep this updated.

Edit2: Well I have not had a crash now in over an hour since changing to directsound. Odd that that would have caused the crashes after 20-30 minutes. Thank you for the tip though miseru99 and thanks for the help. I also want to thank everyone else that has chimed into this post. Thanks for all of the help guys. I really appreciate it.

Stukov
Can you post your sound device and driver version
As in my audio driver and chip off the motherboard? Or my speakers? (even though the speakers makes no sense lol)

The device is Realtek High Definition Audio on the Asus Maximus IV Extreme-Z motherboard. The driver that I have for that is 6.0.1.6363 which windows is saying is the latest driver for that device. And my speakers (why not right?) are the Klipsch Pro Media 2.1's. I freaking love them.