pcsx2 1.1.2 Random Crashing
Heck yeah. I have never had a problem. It run Assassins Creed 4 no problem. I usually take a break after a few hours cause Im a hypochondriac when it comes to heat in my pc. I usually use a cooling fan but never had a problem running games on this pc.

Sponsored links

AHA!, Here is the error message I got around the time of the game crash
Happened 3 times in a row.

"A timeout was reached (30000 milliseconds) while waiting for the SCP DS3 Service service to connect."

(03-26-2014, 12:46 AM)anthrodigger Wrote: AHA!, Here is the error message I got around the time of the game crash
Happened 3 times in a row.

"A timeout was reached (30000 milliseconds) while waiting for the SCP DS3 Service service to connect."

I also get this warning on occasion. Not sure if it is during gameplay or not. I do not think so.

"The speed of processor 3 in group 0 is being limited by system firmware. The processor has been in this reduced performance state for 43 seconds since the last report."
And this happend only during the crashes? It refers to you dualshock controller. But I don't know how that controller should crash your system.

The second one sounds like Intel SpeedStep which can reduce performance but I am not sure and probably it doesn't solve your problem.
No, after checking the time. This did not occur during gameplay. I am stumped other than that there are no errors in my system log.
You tried to play in Software Mode? (select via plugin configuration or F9 after boot of the game) try also to disable Intel SpeedStep in your pc (bios config. )
You don't have the possibility to reproduce the crashes or?

It can be the 4GB-Ram limit of x86-applications as well as a RAM error. The second one you would also observe in other applications. The first one can be checked by running the taskmanager during emulation and observing the Ram-usage befor/after the crash.

But for me it is more or less guessing in the dark.
(03-26-2014, 12:59 AM)axlffx2forever Wrote: You tried to play in Software Mode? (select via plugin configuration or F9 after boot of the game) try also to disable Intel SpeedStep in your pc (bios config. )

I play off of an iso. I have the game disc but I am lazy and didnt feel like digging it out. I will try and disable intel speedstep if possible. I will post my results later. Also, does it matter if I run the pcsx2 as admin or not?

(03-26-2014, 01:00 AM)willkuer Wrote: You don't have the possibility to reproduce the crashes or?

It can be the 4GB-Ram limit of x86-applications as well as a RAM error. The second one you would also observe in other applications. The first one can be checked by running the taskmanager during emulation and observing the Ram-usage befor/after the crash.

But for me it is more or less guessing in the dark.

I will try that as well
ok, So ran the game awhile and and my RAM usage hovers around 41% usage. CPU usage is very low. So now I am super stumped.
use dx9 hardware mode and it stop freezing/crashing
Hmm so your DS3 program isn't working properly. Can you, i hate to say it, uninstall it and use motion joy and lilypad, see if that works any better.

also if you aren't, plug your DS3 in by USB cable.
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]