pcsx2_Pg_VM won'T start too less memory?
Hi there,
it's strange but I recently can't start the VM version of the PS2 emulator (Playground, the newest), because the program keeps telling me that it can't locate enough physically memory. But this can't be true => I have 4GB and my system is only using 759 MB @ office. So more than 3GB should be free.

Help would be really appreciated.

Thanks.

Sponsored links

(12-27-2008, 05:30 PM)Raffael19 Wrote: Hi there,
it's strange but I recently can't start the VM version of the PS2 emulator (Playground, the newest), because the program keeps telling me that it can't locate enough physically memory. But this can't be true => I have 4GB and my system is only using 759 MB @ office. So more than 3GB should be free.

Help would be really appreciated.
It's probably an issue of memory fragmentation (VM needs a single block of n bytes, which might not be available as a block).

In any case, I personally stopped using VM and using the VTLB instead. It's faster than the old TLB, state saves aren't compatible with VM, and VM might be dropped in the future, from what I can gather from comments in recent svn changes.
So, there is no solution for this problem? And where can I find the VTLB?

I only have two .exe in my PS2 folder:

pcsx2_Pg_VM.exe
pcsx2_Pg_TLB.exe

Thanks for the answer, btw.
Drop this stuff. VM does not use "real memory" alot. But it MUST allocate VIRTUAL address space from 1.5Gb address. Each program have own virtual memory space, and they don't dependant at all. Virtual address mapped into real memory by OS, so you could assume that this stuff 100% worked AT LEAST until someone breaks into pcsx2 address space and use that VIRTUAL addresses. Who could it be? 1) antiviruses, 2) evil windoze soft which inject into other programs space (like punto switcher), 3) viruses, 4) and some versions of windoze could have limit on virtual memory on 1Gb. Some versions of Vista do this ugly thing.

VTLB version should be compiled by user and right now have at least 1 critical bug -- it's assume that memory allocation DOES NOT return addresses more than 2GB. It could (but on windows usualy don't) crush pcsx2.
do you perchance use Vista x64? There it is unfortunately a common problem because the x86 emulator uses RAM areas which cross with PCSX2.
I sometimes get this problem too and the only possible solution is to reboot and start PCSX2 straight after boot up. If that doesn't help, try to switch off any x86 (32Bit) Software in startup.
The vm startup problem is common to both, Vista32 and Vista64.
In both cases a simple reboot will fix it.
I got Vista x64.

And yeah, it works fine for now, thanks to restarting the PC.

But I don't get the thing with VTLB.
VTLB is a new memory model presented in rev. 459. So to obtain playground with VTLB you should download and compile newest svn version.
Hmh, I found a strange solution for this problem.

I just have to start my internet explorer (firefox) and then it works (I'm able to start the VM version).

And whats .svn?