pcsx2 bios error
I dug through some old stuff we kept, and realized I had my swap magic discs I thought I had lost long ago, so using those, I did the swap magic version of getting free mcboot (and uLaunchELF) installed, and using the bios tool provided on the main site, I got my ps2's bios files (finally)

so I go and put them in my bios folder (after backing up some stuff), and when I try to commit the changes, it says the following

[wx] can't commit changes to file 'C:\Users\The G-Nerd\Documents\PCSX2\inis
\PCSX2_ui.ini' (error 5: access is denied.)
[wx] Failed to update user configuration file.

looking up this error prompted one solution someone gave saying to run it in portable mode by adding a blank portable.ini file in the pcsx2 install path, while another solution (which I tried and it failed) was to run it as administrator; is there another solution I can use besides running this in portable mode?
In the face of true and un-restrained awesomeness, let it belong to me and me alone, cuz I said so, and cuz I have the HAMS OF DOOM

Sponsored links

You can use the GIT versions.
[Insert Witty Sig Here.]
Admin mode is a good hint. Or put the whole pcsx2 folder somewhere else (C:\pcsx2\) and use portable.ini - just as you said.
either I found a bug, or I didn't, but I went and used the old files I had before with my installed pcsx2, and nothing bad happened, but when I tried committing the changes a second time, it gives me that error I posted earlier, so I used my ps2's bios files (the .bin, .erom., .nvm, .rom1 and .rom2), and when I tried committing the changes again for a second time, same error; after committing the changes only once and using an iso file of a game I got, it said it couldn't find a .mec file and generated one itself (I assume that won't be a problem)

here's an error log of using the most recent git build

should I just commit the change only once and leave it, or should the error I get be ignored, because I don't think this should be happening every time to commit a change even if I didn't change anything

Attached Files
.txt   git log (rexcaptain501).txt (Size: 3,31 KB / Downloads: 167)
In the face of true and un-restrained awesomeness, let it belong to me and me alone, cuz I said so, and cuz I have the HAMS OF DOOM
Check the folder to see if it is set to read only first. If it is, uncheck that.
Second try running PCSX2 as admin.
Third try putting PCSX2 somewhere else.
[Image: XTe1j6J.png]
Gaming Rig: Intel i7 6700k @ 4.8Ghz | GTX 1070 TI | 32GB RAM | 960GB(480GB+480GB RAID0) SSD | 2x 1TB HDD
Maybe the space in the path could be the problem. Not sure if strings were properly escaped everywhere.
(12-03-2015, 03:59 AM)Blyss Sarania Wrote: Check the folder to see if it is set to read only first. If it is, uncheck that.
Second try running PCSX2 as admin.
Third try putting PCSX2 somewhere else.

trying to set the pcsx2 install folder or the pcsx2 folder in my documents in a non-read-only mode does not work, it reverts back to read-only mode instantly; running pcsx2 as admin seems to work now (don't know why it did this time); copying pcsx2 program files and the files/folders in my documents into a folder on my desktop, while configuring it to run portable seems to fix it (even when running as admin)

wat now?
Now you fixed your problem, or?
What more?
that one post I made saying running my installed pcsx2 as admin and commiting a bios change?

im taking it back, tried it again, and it borked; so overall, running my pcsx2 install in portable mode seems to be the only surefire solution; still don't know why it would give me that error, and unless anyone knows how to force a folder to stay out of read-only esque mode(box is filled out with a black square), that'd be nice to know

other than that, don't know what else to say
You could possibly completely disable UAC. But protable seems to be a nice fix. I would always prefer portable over installed version.