pcsx2 cheats
Why is it that pcsx2 doesn't have an easy working cheat system like other emulators? I looked up how to use cheats and its confusing you just don't enter codes you have to do a lot of confusing steps. Anything out there that can be used just to enter codes?

Sponsored links

There are several guides that walk you through the process step by step. Unfortunately if you are unwilling to take that small initiative like the rest of us, then you wont be able to use cheats.

Which guides have you read? Perhaps there is a more complete one around here such as:

Many pnaches already exist for games saving you time:
http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-Post-your...tches-here

To make your own, check this out:
http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-Cheating-the-easy-way
Intel Core i5-8600K @ 4.5 GHz
GeForce GTX 1080 SC2 Stock
ASRock Z370 Taichi LGA 1151 mobo
CORSAIR Vengeance LPX 16GB 2400 DDR4 RAM
SAMSUNG 970 EVO M.2 2280 500GB PCIe SSD
Indigo Xtreme Thermal Interface Material
Phanteks Enthoo Pro ES614P Black Steel Case
EVGA SuperNOVA 750 G2 220-G2-0750-XR PSU
Windows 10 64-bit
He does have a point though, the cheats system in PCSX2 is about as user unfriendly as it gets in the world of emulators.
System:

Fractal Meshify C Dark Tint
Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Pro Wi-Fi
Intel i9 9900K (5Ghz 1.335vlts)
BeQuiet Dark Rock 4 CPU Cooler
32Gb Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 3200 DDR4
EVGA RTX 2080
512Gb Gigabyte NVMe SSD (Boot Drive)
1Tb Crucial NVMe SSD (Games)
2Tb Seagate HD (Steam)
3Tb Seagate HD (Media)
6Tb Seagate HD (Backup, External)
Corsair 850w RMX Gold PSU
(10-24-2013, 04:22 PM)ThEoUtCaSt Wrote: He does have a point though, the cheats system in PCSX2 is about as user unfriendly as it gets in the world of emulators.

No way, have you seen desmume's cheat interface? I'd pick a text file any day over that tedious *****.
(10-24-2013, 04:44 PM)Coornio Wrote: No way, have you seen desmume's cheat interface? I'd pick a text file any day over that tedious *****.

+1 Desmume's cheat system isnt all that great. While I do concede that PCSX2's cheat system isnt perfect. it isnt as bad as some folks make it out to be.
Intel Core i5-8600K @ 4.5 GHz
GeForce GTX 1080 SC2 Stock
ASRock Z370 Taichi LGA 1151 mobo
CORSAIR Vengeance LPX 16GB 2400 DDR4 RAM
SAMSUNG 970 EVO M.2 2280 500GB PCIe SSD
Indigo Xtreme Thermal Interface Material
Phanteks Enthoo Pro ES614P Black Steel Case
EVGA SuperNOVA 750 G2 220-G2-0750-XR PSU
Windows 10 64-bit
It is confusing i tried following that guide and I don't know what it is talking about. Like dolphin emulator has a built in cheating system where all you have to do is click cheat and click action replay ect. then you type in the code. I looked on that list and I didn't see resident evil 4.
(10-24-2013, 09:34 PM)lan07 Wrote: It is confusing i tried following that guide and I don't know what it is talking about. Like dolphin emulator has a built in cheating system where all you have to do is click cheat and click action replay ect. then you type in the code. I looked on that list and I didn't see resident evil 4.

you mean this ?
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
^
^
^
not really i think he wants the same cheats system that has "already loaded w/ cheat database set" package just like in Jnes and CWcheats(PSP,PS vita).
or maybe we need to make build cheat database pack by gathering all the working pnach file from this thread
http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-Post-your...tches-here
and pack them in rar file.
and lastly maybe it's time to wake my proposed modernization of the pnach system.
http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-reviving-...ernization
Main PC1:i5-4670,HD7770(Active!)
Main PC2:i5-11600K,GTX1660Ti(Active!)
PCSX2 Discord server IGN:smartstrike
PCSX2 version uses:Custom compiled build 1.7.0 64-bit(to be update regularly)
smartstk's YouTube Channel
When I post raw codes, I'm usually asked about the pnach codes.Smile
In fact, converting raw codes to pnach codes is difficult for many users.
I think that if pcsx2 supports at least "0, 1, 2 and D" raw codes ("xYYYYYYY ZZZZZZZZ" format not only pnach format) and a function to switch enable/disable each (group) code is useful for users.
As a matter of fact PCSX2 actually has one huge advantage for cheats over many other emulators, ee memory is static and always starts at 20000000, ends ~ 21FFFFFF, this means we can just use a progam like Cheat Engine with very limited search range to quickly cheat anything we want and even save a cheat table with our cheats for later use with multiply hotkeys and scripts and all of those fancy stuff which cannot work easily in other emulators and even make stuff which could never work by any simple internal system:].

But even sticking to pnach files, seriously if somebody is able to post a new thread on forums, pointing to his ability to type on his keyboard, he should be able to edit simple txt file which .pnach is. Also for lazy people we have programs like PCSX2CE and some others in tools section to add formatting and even save the file.

I understand the old guides for pnach files ARE long, outdated and have alot of info typical newbie doesn't have to know, yet totally lacks info about code types for more advanced users which makes them hardly usefull for anyone, I ended up figuring it out on my own and using external sites for cheat type explanation to be able to make cheats, through I actually needed that to "create" them, converting is really silly with external programs.
Just look for example at PCSX2CE tutorial, it's step by step totally noob friendly and once you do it once with at least slight understandig of what you're doing, it'll take you like 5s to repeat it for another game. We have huge pnach files thread which already has pnach files to download for most games as well, the only problem is nobody has time to update the first post hence you have to "search" through that thread for existing codes ~ google with "site" querry your best friend there;p. For example type this in google search:
Code:
site:http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-Post-your-PCSX2-cheats-patches-here "game title"
where game title is ofc game you wish to find cheats for. You'll be suprised how many cheats you'll find like that ready for download;p. First post has like 100 posts only and the whole thread includes over 2k posts already and rising each day. +You can actually request codes there if you can't find them as well, through most people from our community lurks around PPSSPP forums nowadays so proper support isn't always soo quick I'll admit that;p. As an extra note there are other cheating programs in tools section including some which are/were developed to easily activate and deactivate cheats so everyone can find something for himself already made, many of them aren't actually finished because they had little interest around our community:].

Basically even if you couldn't find existing codes in pnach format, it sums up as google for the code, convert to raw if it wasn't already and add formatting - max 3 steps, that's NOT complicated at all, just clicking and minimal amount of typing with use of some extra tools - those things are basic for any windows user and even more for linux user which are only two systems oficially supported by PCSX2 and would actually take similar amount of time if those extra tools would be part of gui.

What's somewhat stupid, that after thinking it over and looking about problems most people have now with their "non working cheats", gui wouldn't really help soo much as people think. All because how many different formats ps2 cheats were made in and most of them are soo similar to each other that couldn't be recognized automatically by any program. To make it worse sites with cheats often lack proper info about encryption used, meaning if you're newbie no gui implementation would guarantee a successful cheating:].