pcsx2 deathly slow
Smile 
i tried playing .hack\\G.U1 and the video is so slow its like watching a movie in slowmo and the sound is even slower. my specs are Processor:
Intel® Core™ i5 CPU M 520 @ 2.40GHz (4 CPUs), ~2.4GHz
Memory:
4096MB RAM
Hard Drive:
234 GB
Video Card:
ATI Mobility Radeon HD 5870
o and its an alineware mx17 laptop
so can yall tell me how speed it up or a good configuration.

Sponsored links

It is running slow for all games? How many games that you tested?
Everything set to default?
Make sure your laptop's power scheme is set to maximum performance and that you aren't running it on batteries.
[Image: newsig.jpg]
yes i also ran .hack\\infection and ff vii and evry thing is on default. and it was pluged in when i tried it and it is at full performance
What kind of FPS are you getting? If you aren't already using it, get 0.9.7 beta from our site.
Other things to check are temperature of your processor and maybe disabling speedstep or any other power saving feature you have on.

Defaults won't cut it, which plugins did you choose to use at the initial config? You should be using GSdx on DX10 hardware mode
[Image: newsig.jpg]
Laptops are not usually good for PCSX2. So, the games will ran slower than on a desktop PC.
In some games, don't expect 100% speed.

Anyway that PC seems good. You should be able to run a few games full speed.
latest ati drivers and directx installed?
Intel 486 DX33 33Mhz
8MB EDO Ram
S3 Graphics Trio64V+
Windows 95
Running MGS3 Snake Eater fully playable @ 0.05 fps
With the right configuration you should be able to run quite a few titles without a problem.

SPU2-X is the fastest for SPU and you might need to use speedhacks.
CPU: Pentium D 'Presler' 915 2.8 ghz 2x2MB L2 @ 3.5 ghz
GPU: eVGA [Nvidia] 8600GT 256MB SSC DDR3
Tested: FFX, FFX-2, FFXII, MGS3, KH, KH2, The Hobbit NTSC
PCSX2 FTW! Biggrin
(07-30-2010, 01:03 PM)Bositman Wrote: What kind of FPS are you getting? If you aren't already using it, get 0.9.7 beta from our site.
Other things to check are temperature of your processor and maybe disabling speedstep or any other power saving feature you have on.

Defaults won't cut it, which plugins did you choose to use at the initial config? You should be using GSdx on DX10 hardware mode
how do i check the FPS? and iam using 0.9.7 i always try shortly after booting up my computer so it shouldn't be too hot. and i will try disabling the power saver.
(07-30-2010, 05:43 PM)Cyphox Wrote: latest ati drivers and directx installed?
yep there all up 2 date.
this is how i have it configured
[Image: th_pcsx2_AppSettings_Plugins.png]
Look at the top of your PCSX2 window when your running a game, you should get a number next to fps and a percentage in parenthesis.
CPU: Pentium D 'Presler' 915 2.8 ghz 2x2MB L2 @ 3.5 ghz
GPU: eVGA [Nvidia] 8600GT 256MB SSC DDR3
Tested: FFX, FFX-2, FFXII, MGS3, KH, KH2, The Hobbit NTSC
PCSX2 FTW! Biggrin