pcsx2 help
So i am running pscx2 on my laptop
amd quad core a8 2.8
4 gb ram
amd radeon 7640g+7670m hd 1gb

my problem is that it is running really sloooooww. if it is not that games are just not running right where the image is all frozen and flickery and i know the game im trying to run is compatible. i have pcsx2 1.0.0 i've watched vids on speeding it up and nothing is working. i really want this to work the pc can run most new games and what would make it perfect is playing some of my favorite ps2 games so all help is really appreciated

Sponsored links

what do the ee% & gs% say when you get slowdowns ?
did you set your power plan to high performance ?
and please, don't compare pc gaming to emulations. That's a ridiculous nonsense
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
(02-27-2013, 09:27 AM)jesalvein Wrote: what do the ee% & gs% say when you get slowdowns ?
did you set your power plan to high performance ?
and please, don't compare pc gaming to emulations. That's a ridiculous nonsense

ee reaches as high as 88% where as gs is in the 40% range
I see.
your cpu is struggling, then.
you'll need to tweak a bit using speedhacks
(02-27-2013, 07:13 PM)jesalvein Wrote: I see.
your cpu is struggling, then.
you'll need to tweak a bit using speedhacks

There aren't many options in speed hack any you would recommend?
depends.
which games ?
can you post the emulog.txt ?
I am new to the pcsx2 myself but i use other emulators, it is not like running a pc game, you have to understand that your pc has become the ps2 it has been made to act like it, this takes cpu and graphics power then you are running a game on top of that.
It is not going to be perfect there will be glitches and some slowdown.
Im running an intel i7 and i get my fps topping out at 66fps on the games i play, im a GTA fan i have them all running smoothly.
No offense but the AMD cpus are not that powerful compared to intel
maybe this is where your problem is, you also dont state the games you run.
I have the settings pretty much standard apart from i set a custom res
of 1280 by 1024 this to me is a good starting point and it makes the games look good, try setting the emulator at default settings and the resolution as i have it and see what happens.
Settings for the emulator are trial and error till u get the games to run nice on your system, every game reacts differently on the emulator its not like running a pc game.
right now im trying to play bloody roar 3. but eventually i would like to be able to play games like gow or gta and dmc

Attached Files
.txt   log.txt (Size: 9,42 KB / Downloads: 193)
1.8 Ghz is really weak for pcsx2, so you'll get a hard time to get playable speeds.
but enable mtvu hack, set ee cycle rate to 2 and vu cycle stealing to 1 + all recommended speedhacks.
and most important : keep playing gow, gta and dmc on your ps2 since you'll hardly reach playable speeds for those games with that machine
(02-27-2013, 08:06 PM)jesalvein Wrote: 1.8 Ghz is really weak for pcsx2, so you'll get a hard time to get playable speeds.
but enable mtvu hack, set ee cycle rate to 2 and vu cycle stealing to 1 + all recommended speedhacks.
and most important : keep playing gow, gta and dmc on your ps2 since you'll hardly reach playable speeds for those games with that machine

thats upsetting but really do appreciate all the help btw its actually at 2.8 not 1.8