pcsx2 is slow
Hallo everyone,i have this system:
intel core duo e5200 oc to 3.7 ghz
1 gb ram
geforce 9600 gso ddr2
The problem is tenkaichi 3 run at 42 fps with 512x512 resolution.Why?is my system slow for pcsx2?Mellow

Sponsored links

Your PC doesn't seem slow, at least, but seems almost a little unbalanced, but that shouldn't really be a problem.
Try enabling some of the speed hacks, and you can also try out the latest betas as some games might perform better with those.
Is that with native box checked, maybe that game is more gpu dependent than cpu or gpu limiting performance and if i am not mistaken your graphic card sucks, 9600gso is 8600 but since it has ddr2 it worse it might even be worse than my 2600 with ddr3, i don't think it matter but 1gb is low, game might work better in dx10, what dx are you using, graphic plugin, are you using Iso ( with linuz iso cdvd or mounting with other programs) or dvd drive, pcsx2 version, etc. Without knowing more its pretty hard to say.
C2D E6550 @ 2333 Mhz oc 3010 Mhz vcore 1.2750v | HD2600XT | P5KC | 1 + 1 GB G.Skill 6400HK 860 4.4.3.5
I think your main problem is your 1GB ram especially if you are running vista and have background applications running at the same time
(06-21-2009, 04:48 PM)junior600 Wrote: Hallo everyone,i have this system:
intel core duo e5200 oc to 3.7 ghz
1 gb ram
geforce 9600 gso ddr2
The problem is tenkaichi 3 run at 42 fps with 512x512 resolution.Why?is my system slow for pcsx2?Mellow

Your PC should play that game really well...my guess is that you are on XP so you are stuck with the DX9 version of GSdx. I think dragonball is one of those games which get huge speed boosts with DX10
[Image: newsig.jpg]
Who has Vista with only 1 GB RAM?
I googled your graphic card and noticed that the standard GPU memory is a mere 384 MB, which also might be a problem. More RAM + a better graphic card most definetly will fix your problem.
Video ram have no effect on PCSX2 speed. I'm quite sure he is running XP,since with 1 gb ram on Vista the whole PC would crawl even with almost no programs installed...
junior600 also check the GSdx title bar if it reports 99% cpu usage. If so,that is what is limiting your speed,you can give GSdx v0.1.7 (very old version) a try,which should give you a speed boost with dragonball games.
[Image: newsig.jpg]
have you try to run it on full screen?
make sure the "escape hack" is enable to get out from full screen.
Main PC1:i5-4670,HD7770(Active!)
Main PC2:i5-11600K,GTX1660Ti(Active!)
PCSX2 Discord server IGN:smartstrike
PCSX2 version uses:Custom compiled build 1.7.0 64-bit(to be update regularly)
smartstk's YouTube Channel
(06-21-2009, 11:47 PM)Bositman Wrote: I'm quite sure he is running XP,since with 1 gb ram on Vista the whole PC would crawl even with almost no programs installed...
Exactly my point.

@tallbender:
Full screen should have any speed gain at all from window, and ESC Hack only makes PCSX2 closes instead of just close the game.
Full screen is usually faster if even by just 1% compared to windowed besides of giving more stable speed and the "escape hack" is only so his screen doesnt get locked when returning from Full Screen in DX9 (this is bugged in newest GSdx releases tho).
Core i5 3570k -- Geforce GTX 670  --  Windows 7 x64