pcsx2 isn't pushing my CPU?
Sad 
Hey people,

I'm currently playing Persona 4 and just finished Naoto's dungeon, but I experienced huge fps drops and speed on the bossfight while my CPU is hardly on load, 3 cores are between 0% - 10% and the other core doesn't go above 35%.

Is there any way to fix this? I don't mind pcsx2 putting some more load on my CPU, I got a AMD quad @ 3.70 GHz.

I'm not quite sure how many cores pcsx2 supports, but when playing games on Dolphin, all my cores are above 50% on some games. Tongue

I've had some other FPS drops on certain enemies but I just shrugged it off.

I doubt it's my GFX card, it's not high end but I'm playing in 720p with AA on a HD7770 on hardware settings and DirectX 9 plugin.

If anything is curious, I'm using standard settings, no tweaks or anything.

Is it just the emulator that is messing up, I've read some threads here that more people have issues with some fights in Persona 4.

Thanks in advanceBlush

Sponsored links

In order to help you further with your problem, please make sure the following are all provided.
  • Your hardware specs - CPU, Graphics Card, Memory, Operating System.
  • The version of PCSX2 you are using.
  • Any non default settings you are using.
  • What games you are trying to play and if you are playing them from ISO or DVD.

Thank You.
(09-21-2012, 03:03 PM)Squall Leonhart Wrote: In order to help you further with your problem, please make sure the following are all provided.
  • Your hardware specs - CPU, Graphics Card, Memory, Operating System.
  • The version of PCSX2 you are using.
  • Any non default settings you are using.
  • What games you are trying to play and if you are playing them from ISO or DVD.

Thank You.
Oh, I think I did mention most of those things in my post though Tongue

Your hardware specs - CPU, Graphics Card, Memory, Operating System.
AMD Phenom II 965 @ 3.70 GHz, HD7700, 8gig, Windows 7 Ultimate Edition 64bit
The version of PCSX2 you are using.
PCSX 1.0.0
Any non default settings you are using.
Upscaled to 720p, AA on
What games you are trying to play and if you are playing them from ISO or DVD.
Persona 4, ISO
what do the values at the top of the GS window say? you should have at least 2 up there saying CPU: ##% GS: ##%
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

(09-21-2012, 03:25 PM)refraction Wrote: what do the values at the top of the GS window say? you should have at least 2 up there saying CPU: ##% GS: ##%
http://img16.imageshack.us/img16/8508/213sj.jpg

Figured I still had a save state from the boss fight. It runs at 60 fps except when attacking it drops to 50%~ and goes back up when finished.

CPU usage is a big higher because I had some firefox tabs open, normally I play with my browser closed. It's also not fullscreen but shouldn't really matter I think.
which AA would it be that you enabled?

GSDX's? depending on your internal resolution would easily saturate that graphics cards memory interface.

Quote: Figured I still had a save state from the boss fight. It runs at 60 fps except when attacking it drops to 50%~ and goes back up when finished.

depending on if this attack displays certain graphical effects, it could be that....

Framebuffer effects usually push a graphics card hard, harder still when you through AA and high levels of internal scaling at it
(09-21-2012, 03:38 PM)Squall Leonhart Wrote: which AA would it be that you enabled?

GSDX's? depending on your internal resolution would easily saturate that graphics cards memory interface.

depending on if this attack displays certain graphical effects, it could be that....

Framebuffer effects usually push a graphics card hard, harder still when you through AA and high levels of internal scaling at it
http://imageshack.us/a/img442/6898/4342.jpg

Didn't had a difference with AA off, I´ll try some different DirectX plugin.
I actually used DirectX 11 on hardware and it was flawless.

Guess you can lock this, it also seems to stress my GPU a little less, never bothered trying it because I had some errors with Dolphin and DirectX 11 so I automaticly selected DirectX9 for pcsx2.

Thanks for the help though. Tongue