pcsx2 isn't running at smooth speeds....
thanks a lot for the feedback. I guess i just need to learn how to configure better. Ill try with the new information ive got and see what happends.

I tried to pick a different game that wasnt the 1st or 2nd most demanding game (suikoden III aside lol) and found my copy of Jak and Daxter. When i booted it up pcsx2 crashed, so i did research and learned that interlacing needs to be shut off, and a native resolution is to be used instead of custom. I got it working, but it would slow down. I put EE @ 3 and VU @ 1 and it seems to be 60fps all the way so far. Now ive read that the eyes are basically not an option to resolve if I want nice graphics / performance so thats fine, Jak has one anyways. But the shadows are annoying!, any hlep on this?

Again thanks to Bositman and pyro for the replies Smile. And if I can find my KHs games im going to try those next, hopefully i wont need help to configure.

Edit: Alpha Hack for shadows, so nvm lol

Sponsored links

I was also wondering if there was a way to save certain configurations for specific games other than reconfiguring every time i want to switch games. Seems kind of tedious. Thanks
(08-09-2012, 11:16 PM)thedemon1366 Wrote: Hi,

I have just built a new pc with the following stats:

intel i5 2500k OC to 4.3ghz
EVGA 670 GTX FTW 2gb
Asus p8z68-v pro gen 3
8 gb ram

I have just installed pscx 1.0 (nice going on getting to integer values guys Laugh) and have set up the gsdx plugin to use d3d 11 (hardware) and am using 1360x768 resolution, internal resolution 1024x1024.

I have so far tested two games in detail, which are:

Shadow Of The Colossus
Tekken Tag Tournament

In all honesty, it isnt running as fast as I expected. What is really bugging me is that there seem to be multiple occurrences of people running lesser hardware with higher pcsx2 settings and getting silky smooth gameplay the previously mentioned games.

Have I missed some setting somewhere that is slowing the emulator down?

To go into a bit more detail about the games:

SOTC: Framerates start in the low 50s after starting to play, but after wandering around for around 10 seconds (basically when the horse runs up next to you) it slows down to between 30 and 40.....

Tekken: Only ever hits the 40 in framerate.......

Thanks in advance guys, sorry to make another one of these threads, but my situation seems somewhat odd when I'm sure my hardware should be ok for the job....

How did you get d3d11? I cant find that option!!!!!!
(08-11-2012, 12:21 AM)Luke1001 Wrote: How did you get d3d11? I cant find that option!!!!!!

What is your GPU?
Quote:I was also wondering if there was a way to save certain configurations for specific games other than reconfiguring every time i want to switch games. Seems kind of tedious. Thanks

You can use a fronted like this one: http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-PS2Lunch-...-for-PCSX2
[Image: newsig.jpg]
Ya i found lunch after i posted, saw you tried it out and got it. Its awesome.

On another note, i read almost all 34 pages of posts in the GTA 4 topic on the front page and got it working 99%. Great frame rate, looks pretty. Only thing is the road graphics for the accelerate and break guide lines dont show up. Maybe thats something to do with the game and not the emulator.

I also tried the SOTC configurations that were suggested. I got small improvements overall, however I am still getting about 25ish fps while riding the pony in the open world. I am afraid to encounter the first giant. And i guess if the game ran 20-30fps on the ps2 itself, 25 cant be so bad. Tongue But I'm not giving up so easily, mainly because it looks and plays terrible at that rate on a pc.