pcsx2 keeps crashing with OGL blend on high
Every game I've tried always keeps crashing about 10-15 minutes in. I don't use any speedhacks, except for MTVU when it's needed. Also, with blending on high, every game I've tried keeps pausing for a brief second or two when a new area or cutscene is loaded, is this caused by shader caching? If so, why not have pcsx2 automatically save the shader files like in Dolphin and Demul so that the second playthrough will be smooth and pause free, unless a new area or scene is loaded?

Sponsored links

please provide your emulog.
We're supposed to be working as a team, if we aren't helping and suggesting things to each other, we aren't working as a team.
- Refraction
(07-31-2015, 07:44 AM)Dr_Hycodan Wrote: Every game I've tried always keeps crashing about 10-15 minutes in. I don't use any speedhacks, except for MTVU when it's needed. Also, with blending on high, every game I've tried keeps pausing for a brief second or two when a new area or cutscene is loaded, is this caused by shader caching? If so, why not have pcsx2 automatically save the shader files like in Dolphin and Demul so that the second playthrough will be smooth and pause free, unless a new area or scene is loaded?

What makes you think that PS2 load shader during cutscene? And what makes you think that we don't already cache shader compilation.

On the crash, could you monitor your RAM? Did you add the 4GB patch. It could be a memory leak or a bigger memory requirement due to better depth texture cache support. Or the number of shader combination is too high and the cache explode.
Where's the 4gb patch and what does it do?
On windows 32 bits processes are limited to 2GB of memory. There is a way/patch (search google) to extend it to 4GB.
But I'm on windows x64 and I have 16gb of RAM, I don't see how I could run out of RAM.
Because pcsx2 is 32 bits not 64 bits
(07-31-2015, 01:47 PM)Dr_Hycodan Wrote: But I'm on windows x64 and I have 16gb of RAM, I don't see how I could run out of RAM.
I'll Help the beginner
Wink
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go