pcsx2 on Intel Celeron D 3.06GHz?
Well, you say Celeron D is a single core and wont run any game at good speeds, well then.... Core2Duo 2.6GHz or Core2Duo 2.2GHz or even my laptop Dual Core 2.2GHz... wont run the pcsx2 at good speeds as well, very very slow, when i ran Dragon Quest 8 it ran at 15 fps , and any game run at this fps, except the Sega collection that ran at playable speed but except for Alien Syndrome in the sega collection for PS2...

So... Isn't Core2Duo is a double core?

Sponsored links

If you have a decent CPU but a very bad graphics card it isn't gonna help either, you need a good/balanced PC if you want most emulated games to run fine.

As far as I know Dragon Quest is very intensive on the graphics card so there might be your problem not to mention you could have been running it on bad settings...
Core i5 3570k -- Geforce GTX 670  --  Windows 7 x64
OK will Dragon Quest be good and run at good speed on the 512MB graphics card?
The amount of VRAM is not the better card's power indicator. At some extent yes, for most actual PC games with high textures resolution 512MB is the practical minimal today. But that will not help that much if the GPU (the Graphic Processor Unity, nowadays a misleading naming because actual video cards have them on hundreds...) has not the horse power to the task.

Fortunately most powerful cards come with that or above amount of VRAM, but many low end cards are offered with high amount of VRAM to create the illusion it can really supply the power needed to run the shading programs on all that texture quality (translated into huge amount of vertex and fragments)... Marketing practice, less than commendably I think, but far from uncommon.
Imagination is where we are truly real
OK,
Can i overclock my Celeron D 347 3.06GHz 65nm CPU?
Is it OK to overclock it?
I don't know much about this of how to change the numbers of CPU frequency in the BIOS Settings, so can you tell me, this is what i see in the BIOS Settings:

CPU Frequency Setting: is set to 133
CPULaughRAM Frequency Ratio: 4:5(667MHz)

So if i want to overclock it how can i change this values?
I read in a forum there is a guy overclocked his one to 4GHz.

And what things should be inside the case?
I only see 2 Fans: One fan is in the Power Supply and the other one is in the back in the mothermoard maybe, is that enough?
I heard there should be something like cooler or cooler fan, am not sure, is the one which is in the motherboard the cooler?

By the way, motherboard is ECS 662/1066 Socket 775
Thanks,
You can overclock it as much as you want but I can guarantee you, you won't be able to run games at full speed.
I've read somewhere awhile ago, that the Celeron Ds are crap to overclock and those that can overclock decently won't give u that a big of a speedboost, since the lack of some instructions and a lower internal cache makes it a waste of time imo. I would just recommend to save up some money and buy a C2D or if your motherboard supports it a C2D Q6600 for example.

Celeron and Semprons are just way too slow to handle the calculations at the normal speed for this emulator, atleast that's what I understand from reading some posts on this forum.