pcsx2 on fedora 14, problem starting
wasnt too sure where to post this

ok im in process of switching over to my fedora box, its running fedora 14 64x

i downloaded the binary for 9.8 (i believe)
if i start via the browser.. it just opens and closes
so i would start via terminal so i can watch the output
(i will add in the lines later from the output)

but it mentions that its not support mismatch coding or something.. that im using 2.6 and it was built with 2.4

Any updates or plugins, pls send, or atleast notify me of info on plugin

Sponsored links

[drave@localhost ~]$ /home/drave/Downloads/pcsx2-0.9.8-r4594-linux/pcsx2
/home/drave/Downloads/pcsx2-0.9.8-r4594-linux/pcsx2: Symbol `_ZTV10wxClientDC' has different size in shared object, consider re-linking
/home/drave/Downloads/pcsx2-0.9.8-r4594-linux/pcsx2: Symbol `_ZTV10wxMemoryDC' has different size in shared object, consider re-linking
/home/drave/Downloads/pcsx2-0.9.8-r4594-linux/pcsx2: Symbol `_ZTV9wxPaintDC' has different size in shared object, consider re-linking
Fatal Error: Mismatch between the program and library build versions detected.
The library used 2.8 (no debug,Unicode,compiler with C++ ABI 1002,wx containers,compatible with 2.4,compatible with 2.6),
and your program used 2.8 (no debug,Unicode,compiler with C++ ABI 1002,wx containers,compatible with 2.6).
Aborted (core dumped)
[drave@localhost ~]$
i read somewhere it was built on a fedora system?
im guessing ill have to recompile it in order for it to work on my system?
Hello,

First can you do a small favor for me and others fedora users. Open a bug in fedora to drop the 2.4 compatibility. 2.6 was release since April 2005 (6 years). No soft on debian uses 2.4 and I'm sure it is the same for fedora (recent RHEL either).

The only 2 solutions for you:
1/ Fedora improves compatibility with others distribution (drop 2.4 compatibility)
2/ You compile it yourself.... http://code.google.com/p/pcsx2/wiki/Chro...tatusLinux Good luck.
3/ A nice guy (maybe you Wink ), create a nice rpm package for fedora Smile I do not know how work fedora, but maybe there is a place to request a package for an application!
gregory, I wonder why does the extra compatibility he has (with 2.4) isn't compatible with PCSX2? I could understand if PCSX2 have used a 2.4 compatible wx lib and Fedora doesn't, but as it stands, it seems that Fedora's lib has all the required properties, and then some more... I would have though it should work.. no?
Hum well it is a good question. Actually it is compatible but at source level, if the code is recompiled it will be alright. However it is not ABI compatible. That why it having the following error of relocation.
Quote:pcsx2: Symbol `_ZTV10wxClientDC' has different size in shared object, consider re-linking
pcsx2: Symbol `_ZTV10wxMemoryDC' has different size in shared object, consider re-linking
pcsx2: Symbol `_ZTV9wxPaintDC' has different size in shared object, consider re-linking
The previous symbol are vtable of the object. If I'm correct vtable are arrays of pointer to the implementation of virtual function. I do not know exactly the impact but I suspect you do not have the guarantee to call the good function if there is some modification of vtable between the compilation time and the runnnig. You can get out of bond of the array too!

Anyway, wx checkes the ABI compatibility and complains when it is not happy.
The ABI seems the same too... "compiler with C++ ABI 1002" for both..
Anyway, can you have 2 versions of wx installed side by side? can pcsx2 be statically linked on linux?
It is the C++ (library standard) ABI, not the ABI of wx which is different.

Yes you can install multiple wx side by side, you only need different name. For example for the moment I have unicode and unicode_debug.
/usr/lib32/libwx_gtk2u_adv-2.8.so
/usr/lib32/libwx_gtk2ud_adv-2.8.so

It could be linked statically. But it would cost us additional work for linux-dev. I'm afraid that it can bring other issues too. Moreover it will cost anythings to ask fedora to improve they compatibility with others distributions.
i will see about making an rpm file for fedora, thnx for the responces
sweeet compiled for Fedora 14 Smile x86_64

waiting to hear bk from bositman if i can upload here of if they wanna do something else with it

and im waiting to test it ...

my backups disappeared, have to make new ones it seems