pcsx2 r1888 crashes after an amount of time
Hey,
I've been playing pcsx2 (ssx 3) works great, solid fps. However I'm using

- GSDX 1873 SSE4.1 with directx10 hardware rendering, native internal res and allow 8-bit textures

all other settings are default, no speedhacks.

I'm running windows 7 64-bit with:
Intel Quad Q9550 @ 2.8 GHz
ATI Radeon HD 4850 1 GB

In the top left hand corner of the window when playing the game, there is a number that constantly counts up as you play. When this number gets close to 60000 so like 58000 pcsx2 crashes and stops responding. This doesn't just happen on ssx 3 either, it has also happened on bullworth academy.

EDIT: Its around 8-10 minutes of playing before it crashes and this is really annoying cause I can't beat the peak 1 race on ssx as it takes around 12 minutes. Any help would be great!

Thanks for the help.
lt.

Sponsored links

By any chance do you have MSAA turned on? If so, disable it. Anti-alaising causes a memory leak in all the current public builds.
[Image: 2748844.png]
Thanks for the reply.
Would you mind telling me where that option is?
The only anti-aliasing option I can see in GSDX is greyed out saying SW mode only and I can't find any other options relating to AA. Otherwise, any other suggestions? Thanks
lt.
Heh...
http://pcsx2.net/compat.php?&c=s&s1=1&s2...&s5=1&p=14

It's not the U.S. version is it?
Nappa: Vegeta! What does the scouter say about his power level?
Vegeta: It's...one thousand and six.
Nappa: Wh-...really?
Vegeta: Yeah! Beat him up Nappa!
Nappa: Yay!
No it's not the US version but thanks anyway.
It's the PAL version (Australia) and it runs perfectly, then pcsx2 just stops working. It happens on other games as well.
lt.
If you don't know where the option is, it's not enabled (you'd have to activate it through the GSDx ini file)

That said, your drivers may default to having AA turned on... not sure if it would have the memory leak problem associated with it... but it may be worth looking into.
[Image: 2748844.png]
There are known memory leaks with that version of GSdx, and they typically get worse if you change interlace modes from default (in case you're doing that). They've since been fixed, but no new beta of GSdx has been prepped yet since we're still n the process of doing a lot of hacking to get the new 0.9.7 plugin API set.
Jake Stine (Air) - Programmer - PCSX2 Dev Team
Thanks I guess i'll try zeroGS or something then.