pcsx2-r5350.exe has stopped working
it's called null for a reason Smile it feels a purpose, for example CPU benchmark so the graphics don't weight much. And yes, for debugging purposes as well.

Let me reinforce the previous advice, avoid installing games at the default C:\Program files or it's (x86)... it's valid for PC games as well. The problems arise when the program/game tries to call plugins and mods. Although the application inherits the user's privileges it's not the user and then may activate the security system that silently treats it as possible "invader" and blocks access to protected resources.

Start installing in a folder yourself created, like C:\Games and all the problems related to access rights are gone or much reduced.

PS: in the least it's much better than having to play things with elevated privileges (administrator). This advice is specially important if you have Any level of UAC activated.
Imagination is where we are truly real

Sponsored links

I moved the ISO to the root of the C drive based on your advice, however UAC is off and I'm the administrator user.

However, I get a blank screen just booting with no CD selected, I'd expect a PS2 menu, so I don't think the
location is a problem.
not only the iso, but the whole pcsx2 folder ...
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
(12-03-2012, 12:18 AM)jesalvein Wrote: not only the iso, but the whole pcsx2 folder ...

OK, will give it a try by moving it to morrow and let you know the results
(12-03-2012, 12:18 AM)jesalvein Wrote: not only the iso, but the whole pcsx2 folder ...

I've tried installing both PCSX2 and the bios to C:\Emulator but still just get a black screen when trying to boot the bios (No Disc selected)... anyone any suggestions?

Thank you

EDIT

I just turned on my speakers and realised I have sound at least, so I know the BIOS is working at the minimum... so I've just struggling with graphics. For those who don't wish to scroll to the start my GPU is a nVidia GeForce 9800 GTX+.
I've started a new thread as my problem has moved on significantly from the initial problem, the thread title no longer matches my current issues. Please see my new thread about a blank screen here : http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-Blank-Scr...oting-BIOS . I appreciate any help!