pcsx2 running slow
Get rid if that awful cooler
[Image: gmYzFII.png]
[Image: dvedn3-5.png]

Sponsored links

(01-30-2015, 08:55 PM)Nobbs66 Wrote: Get rid if that awful cooler

That might be difficult for now...
(01-30-2015, 08:57 PM)Nightmare799 Wrote: That might be difficult for now...

you wont be able to overclock on the stock cooler. If your case is big enough, then I would get a Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo
[Image: gmYzFII.png]
[Image: dvedn3-5.png]
(01-30-2015, 08:59 PM)Nobbs66 Wrote: you wont be able to overclock on the stock cooler. If your case is big enough, then I would get a Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo

Its not that I would not want to, but I am bit stranded for cash since I bought this pc few weeks ago, but thanks for the suggestion anyway.
Bit of a necro I guess.

Say, Ive got an 8 cpu, right?

Theorethically, I could disable two or four cores, and use the lowered voltage and temperature to increase clock on the remaining cores, right?
Yep theoretically correct. But then you optimize your pc with respect to pcsx2. Most other programs will suffer from this.

But for $30 you can get a nice cooler. Like that you can improve the overall performance.
(02-13-2015, 11:40 PM)willkuer Wrote: Yep theoretically correct. But then you optimize your pc with respect to pcsx2. Most other programs will suffer from this.

But for $30 you can get a nice cooler. Like that you can improve the overall performance.

Well, barely any application uses 8 cores these days. I was thinking about cutting the ammount of cores to 4, but that would most likely be overkill. I am incredibly surprised how well the pc took cutting cores and then ocing the rest. The temp of cpu never doesnt even get to 30 degrees of celsius. Ive squeezed out about 1.2GHz per core, raising the clock to 4.5GHz per core.
(02-14-2015, 01:59 AM)Nightmare799 Wrote: Well, barely any application uses 8 cores these days. I was thinking about cutting the ammount of cores to 4, but that would most likely be overkill. I am incredibly surprised how well the pc took cutting cores and then ocing the rest. The temp of cpu never doesnt even get to 30 degrees of celsius. Ive squeezed out about 1.2GHz per core, raising the clock to 4.5GHz per core.

That's awesome. Have you stress tested it?
(02-14-2015, 06:30 AM)dogen Wrote: That's awesome. Have you stress tested it?

Ive run it through 4 hours worth of tests with prime95, peak temperature was around 40 degrees of celsius. I tried going all the way up to 5GHz, but that made my pc tell me to go ***** myself. Odd thing is, it simply restarted, rather than throwing a bsod like usual when you mess up...