pcsx2 started shuting down my computer
(11-19-2011, 10:27 PM)Bositman Wrote: Yeah leave it running for 30 mins or so. 57c will not damage your CPU and the point is to find which component of your PC is failing.

Alright. What must i do after 30 mins?

Sponsored links

See if the PC shuts down Tongue
[Image: newsig.jpg]
(11-19-2011, 10:30 PM)Bositman Wrote: See if the PC shuts down Tongue

My pc shut down 17 minutes in.

What do you make of this?
What was the max temperature your CPU reached? If it was around 60c my guess would be a faulty PSU.
[Image: newsig.jpg]
(11-19-2011, 10:43 PM)Bositman Wrote: What was the max temperature your CPU reached? If it was around 60c my guess would be a faulty PSU.

I didnt see at the moment before shut down, but it maintained 54-56

Certainly less than what pcsx2 shuts down at
Sooooo...can anyone draw any conclusions for me, 'cuz im lost.
I think i got it. I noticed my cat had chewed up the power supply cable something fierce, and after changing it, the shut downs appear to have stopped.

Whats weird is that the shutdowns happened at 50 degrees and with the working power supply cable, the sustained temperature was 62 degrees
Try verifying the System Log at the Windows "event Viewer". You access it from the Administrative tools on Windows Control Panel. Look for events marked as Error or Critical (you can filter so to get rid of all the informative messages).

Whatever driver or hardware that is failing will be reported there and can be searched even after a forced reboot.
Imagination is where we are truly real
(11-20-2011, 02:04 AM)nosisab Ken Keleh Wrote: Try verifying the System Log at the Windows "event Viewer". You access it from the Administrative tools on Windows Control Panel. Look for events marked as Error or Critical (you can filter so to get rid of all the informative messages).

Whatever driver or hardware that is failing will be reported there and can be searched even after a forced reboot.

already tried that event viewer reveals no errors or criticals during the past day