pcsx2 task-kill bat - Updated
Information 
as result of talk in topic:
Code:
http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-pcsx2-exe-stays-as-active-proces-with-mtvu-on-specific-games

I have made a lovely bat script to counter the problem ;-)
its very easy to use
make new .bat file with this in it
Code:
@echo off
TITLE TaskKiller
taskkill /f /im pcsx2.exe

if not "%minimized%"=="" goto :minimized
set minimized=true
start /min cmd /C "%~dpnx0"
goto :EOF
:minimized

cls
color 2
echo Hi there. Enjoy emulator!
echo Do Not Close me
start pcsx2.exe
timeout 1 > nul

:NOW
timeout 4 > nul
taskkill /f /im pcsx2.exe /fi "STATUS eq NOT RESPONDING" > nul
taskkill /f /im pcsx2.exe /fi "WINDOWTITLE eq DIEmWin" > nul
tasklist /FI "IMAGENAME eq pcsx2.exe" 2>NUL | find /I /N "pcsx2.exe">NUL
if NOT "%ERRORLEVEL%"=="0" goto EXIT
goto NOW

:EXIT
place it in pcsx2 folder where pcsx2.exe is located
and start emulator using that pcsx2_RUN.bat

-DO NOT close small cmd window while playing ,it will AUTO close it self if u close emulator!(new updated code)

-when you first start the bat it will search and kill for any double pcsx2.exe's you might have active on pc (if they are bugged previously)

Fully functional and tested.

Have FUN!

P.S
I had to add loop command simply because otherwise kill command will not function.

Attached Files
.zip   pcsx2_RUN.zip (Size: 482 bytes / Downloads: 190)

Sponsored links

Very good of you to share your script, and it will probably come in handy, because i use the MTVU hack which is known to cause Pcsx2 not to shut down properly , so kudo`s to you +1 rep
Msi GF-62VR
Intel  core i7 7700hq @2.8(3.5ghz turbo) Nvidia 6gig GTX1060 16 gigs DDr5   windows 10
*base 64 images don't work here - ref*
Update:
it appears that this still happens randomly.
--revised and updated code improved script:
Autokill cmd will auto close it self once u close pcsx2.So no need to worry about it any more.
update 3:
-made cmd window auto-minimize it self on startup
-cleaned up code
Added solution to completely hide bat script.
If it still happens can you provide some test case where it can be replicated? Is it only with MTVU? We'd like to properly fix it obviously Tongue
[Image: newsig.jpg]
@Bositman
yeah it only happens with MTVU.
i accidentally noticed during latest (dev) test build from git.
i cant really reproduce it.. i didnt saw how it happened just noticed strange mem usage and noticed 2 pcsx2 active..
But its cool, with self sustained ,invisible script above i dont need to worry will it happen again Smile
There was bug in line of code preventing my script to turn off double pcsx2 exe's
fixed that now.. sorry

faulty line was:
taskkill /IM pcsx2.exe /t

should have been:
taskkill /f /im pcsx2.exe

I also managed to find a way to replicate pcsx bug to make it active while closed
i tested baldurs gate2 loaded zone from memory card save, and it started lagging heavily i guess its still buggy i press escape to close gpu screen,then closed emu.
it will hang pcsx2 in memory every time
You should post those results here on Github so we can keep track

I have had a few extra processes pop up recently. Maybe we'll have to reopen this issue at some point
(04-27-2016, 06:44 PM)CK1 Wrote: You should post those results here on Github so we can keep track

I have had a few extra processes pop up recently. Maybe we'll have to reopen this issue at some point

Yeah i should, but it became more a personal conquest too conquer this Laugh

I finally conquered it...and updated code, had to make loop in order to search and kill.. pcsx2 was hanging in two different ways .. Wacko