pcsx2 v1.5.0-0 git in ubuntu mate slow fps
Hi,

I have a GPDwin2, and am trying to get PCSX2 to work in ubuntu mate. I believe Ubuntu mate is a closely related to Ubuntu mint.  I installed it using the repo

sudo add-apt-repository ppa:gregory-hainaut/pcsx2.official.ppa
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install pcsx2

I get no error messages when I start PCSX2, and it find my bios and ISO of GT4. All goes well for the intro screen, creation of memory card, etc, but upon getting into anything 3D, the fps drops to 2-4 fps and the sound seems to be drawn out to match the massive slow down in the game. 

I know my hardware is not optimum, but when I used the windows version of PCSX2 in windows 10, the emulation works much better, and GT4 is playable.

My hardware is as follows.

GPD win2

Intel Core M3-7y30 with TDP set to higher performance in Ubuntu Mate,
integrated Intel 615 GPU
8Gb RAM
256 GB Biwin m.2 SSD

I have also noticed comparing the emulation options between windows PCSX2 and Linux PCSX2 alot of the linux ones seems to be greyed out.

Personally I would rather use all my emus, in Linux, since I predominantly use Linux as my main OS.

Thanks in advance

Mazor

Sponsored links

- Please post the content of your emulog
- in a terminal, run 'inxi -Fxz' and post the output here aswell (contains info about your hard & software)

Sounds like you didn't install a proper driver, or it's not used.
Tired of always changing your PCSX2 Configuration for different games?

Check this out: https://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-PCSX2-MultiConfigTool
Are you running in software mode or hardware mode? From your specs, software will be the better option.
PC Specs:
PC: HP Omen 15 dc-0051nr laptop
CPU: Intel i7-8750H (2.2 GHz up to 4.1 GHz)
RAM: 16 GB
GPU: Nvidia GeForce GTX 1060 Notebook (6 GB)
Storage: 256 SSD PCi NV M.2+1 TB HDD
Need the latest GIT/development build? Click here!
The stp on that proc is supposedly under 1300 (according to passmarks site.. its not always the most accurate, it's 200 off on my proc).. its on the anemic side for running most games. The HD 615 graphics isn't helping you much either. I've heard of some folks getting useable results in some of the lightest to emulate games.. but anything thats heavy 3d might well be well outside your systems ability to run it.
amd tr 1950x                                                 amd ryzen 5 2500u
asrock x399 taichi                                         amd vega 8 
XFX Radeon rx570                                       16gb ddr 4 2400 ram
32gb gskill ddr4-3200                                   1tb nvme ssd
Debian Bullseye                                           480gb sata ssd
Custom loop water cooled                           HP envy x360
nzxt 340 case