pcsx2 was smooth before, now it is slow
this is my nVIdia control panel stats:

Sponsored links

(03-07-2015, 08:20 PM)tsunami2311 Wrote: Reading skills are astounding, I mentioned back on page 1 his cpu is being throttled, that and why the hell do you have 118 process running?

700-799mhz is throttled cpu, his cpu base speeds are 2ghz up to 2.9ghz which what if should be when running programs and pcsx2.

Something is throttling him

ya something is happening....can u explain to me wat u mean?? plz Rolleyes Biggrin
also hw can i increase from 800MHz? my laptop is DELL XPS 15. ...i searched and i have no power option in the BIOS.
CPU is throttling I dont know if your GPU is throttling you would have use Afterburn or something to find that out.

POWER SETTING IN WINDOWS not the bios, make sure it high performance, and make sure laptop is pluged into the ac adaptor.

Personal i suggest you dont mess with any speed setting and have friend that know about this stuff look into it.

there is also no reason for any PC to have 118 processes running, you have way to bloat/ programs running in the back ground
And also, make sure to disable Intel speed step in the bios.
We're supposed to be working as a team, if we aren't helping and suggesting things to each other, we aren't working as a team.
- Refraction
(03-07-2015, 10:26 PM)tsunami2311 Wrote: CPU is throttling I dont know if your GPU is throttling you would have use Afterburn or something to find that out.

POWER SETTING IN WINDOWS not the bios, make sure it high performance, and make sure laptop is pluged into the ac adaptor.

Personal i suggest you dont mess with any speed setting and have friend that know about this stuff look into it.

there is also no reason for any PC to have 118 processes running, you have way to bloat/ programs running in the back ground

i have done the power setting in windows as high performance...and also changed advanced settings for high performance, i went to processor power managmenet option in advanced settings and changed both minimal and maximum power state as 100%. not much difference tho.

i dont know but 118 process are ok i guess Rolleyes

(03-08-2015, 05:59 AM)ssakash Wrote: And also, make sure to disable Intel speed step in the bios.

i am not able to find that in my bios. i have pressed F2 to get into setup utility and there is no such option there to diasble speed step
Could you provide your current coretemp values.
We're supposed to be working as a team, if we aren't helping and suggesting things to each other, we aren't working as a team.
- Refraction
(03-08-2015, 07:18 AM)ssakash Wrote: Could you provide your current coretemp values.

here, my comp is idle now:

Yeah, your CPU Is obviously underclocking but, could you provide the values while running pcsx2. Does it run at the same clockspeed (or) does it dynamically adjust it's clockspeed randomly ?
- Refraction
(03-08-2015, 07:41 AM)ssakash Wrote: Yeah, your CPU Is obviously underclocking but, could you provide the values while running pcsx2. Does it run at the same clockspeed (or) does it dynamically adjust it's clockspeed randomly ?

same speed

Yeah, something is probably causing your CPU to downclock. Try disabling all background processes other than pcsx2 (google chrome, all other stuffs) and check whether you get any performance boost and make sure you have enabled mtvu.
- Refraction