pcsx2 was smooth before, now it is slow
(03-05-2015, 09:56 PM)tsunami2311 Wrote: I was gona say i7 is more then cappable for FFX then i realized you talking mobile here.

0.9.7 was alot less accurate then current builds which as result are more demanding. even then if the 540m was being used it should have no issues with FFX @ 2x

Providing laptop is plugged in and using Max performance profile for the power scheme and the laptop isnt throttling cause of heat, and picture you show tells me the cpu is throttled as it is running 800mhz. that cpu base is 2g and turbo is 2.9 for that processor

i dont kno hw i was able to play all games properly before!!??
i am able to get 40-42fps in ffX...cutscene though are at 32-38fps .

so wats the solution....wat can i do...

Sponsored links

you need to figure out what is throttling your cpu.
The temps are just fine. Either you changed some bios setting or have some power saving funtion active... What is hidden in the task bar? Do you have some 3rd party power management tools?
(03-05-2015, 10:48 PM)willkuer Wrote: you need to figure out what is throttling your cpu.
The temps are just fine. Either you changed some bios setting or have some power saving funtion active... What is hidden in the task bar? Do you have some 3rd party power management tools?

i have also used game booster to run it, with no improvements. i have kept power setting to high performance. i personally think its because of new nVidia drivers
Could you provide your current EE and GS values during slowdown.
We're supposed to be working as a team, if we aren't helping and suggesting things to each other, we aren't working as a team.
- Refraction
For sure nvidia drivers can be an issue... But you have some underclocked cpu. You need to figure out why it is underclocked. Maybe you can disable power saving features in the bios (intel speedstep or EIST) for the moment.
(03-07-2015, 04:24 PM)ssakash Wrote: Could you provide your current EE and GS values during slowdown.

one interesting thing... i dont get slowdowns....i have constant speed throughout the gametime. somewer between 35-42 fps for both cutscene and gameplay.
i have it in my pic below

fps is 38....ee is 95% and gs is 51%...this is the constant stats i get during gameplay or during cutscenes.
(03-07-2015, 05:57 PM)willkuer Wrote: For sure nvidia drivers can be an issue... But you have some underclocked cpu. You need to figure out why it is underclocked. Maybe you can disable power saving features in the bios (intel speedstep or EIST) for the moment.

i see i have something like 700MHz clocked. So shud i increase above this?? and will that effect my normal pc games??
Can you please check which values you see for normal pc games?
(03-07-2015, 07:54 PM)willkuer Wrote: Can you please check which values you see for normal pc games?

i ran shadow of mordor and checked coretemp values

Reading skills are astounding, I mentioned back on page 1 his cpu is being throttled, that and why the hell do you have 118 process running?

700-799mhz is throttled cpu, his cpu base speeds are 2ghz up to 2.9ghz which what if should be when running programs and pcsx2.

Something is throttling him