playground delivered GSDX10 issues with full screen?
Hi.

First of all: I know that you guys don't support the plugin itself. Thats why I am asking all the users here.

Do you have any experience with the playground delivered version of the GSDX plugin in DX10-Mode and full screen?

I am running Vista 64 with the playground package plus the official playground betas, but I can't manage to get the full screen working in DX10.

In DX9 everything works fine. You set it to the resolution of your monitor, change the internal resolution to the monitor resolution (for better visual results) and when you launch the game, full screen gets activated.

In DX10 mode I can do the same settings, but the full screen mode won't run. Its always window mode only - just like it never reads the config line where it says "hey, full screen please!" (16:9 is read correctly for example)

As said, I am on VISTA 64 Business (MSDN AA Licence) with "classic style" (no AERO activated), 2GB RAM, Radeon 4850 with 512MB graphics memory.

So some input from any of the testers would be a "nice to have". Smile

Regards, Bigfoot29

Sponsored links

you mean when you select a resolution it won't go to fullscreen?
if that's what you mean then you only HAVE to start windowed and press ALT+RETURN(ENTER)
Chicken is not Vegan?

NO VEGAN DIET NO VEGAN POWERS!!!!

http://www.flixxy.com/my-blackberry-is-not-working.htm
Aaah thanks for the fast reply.

That indeed works. However, it always uses the desktop resolution - independend from what you set it to in the configs.
You can set there what you want - it always start windowed and when pressing ALT+ENTER it goes to fullscreen (and back when pressing that again) with desktop settings.

Its okay with me. Just wanted to point out that it doesn't seem to be reading the configs correctly? Well, propably something that should be asked to gabest directly.

Anyone knowing more here?

Regards, Bigfoot29
That is the internal resolution,meaning the output is first rendered to that resolution you have set,then stretched (or not) to your monitor's resolution
[Image: newsig.jpg]
(01-11-2009, 02:30 PM)Bositman Wrote: That is the internal resolution,meaning the output is first rendered to that resolution you have set,then stretched (or not) to your monitor's resolution

Interestingly there is an part called internal resolution - doing exactly what you say and an options part to set wether the DX10 renderer should start windowed or full screen. And that part of the settings ain't working. Wink You can set there whatever you want, when switching to full screen pressing ALT+Enter, it uses the current desktop resolution instead of the set up one in the config window. Wink

Internal Resolutions part - together with the 16:9 or 4:3 set up is working fine. - As you said.

Regards, Bigfoot29