playstation 2 emulators
Can anyone tell me how many years people tried to emulate playstation 2???
Who was the first man that tried to emulate something on pc?????

Sponsored links

PCSX2 was one of the first if not the first along with neutrinoSX2 (discontinued) to attempt it. That was back in 2002 (first release, 0.026)
[Image: newsig.jpg]
As for the other question, a quick google revealed this: http://kaluszka.com/vt/emulation/history.html
Quote:The first concept of emulation actually dates back to the first computer, the Colossus. It was used by the British government in 1941 to mimic the functions of the Nazi Enigma code machine. Emulation theory was developed in 1962 and was conceived by three IBM engineers working from three different angles. The first emulator was written by Larry Moss in 1965. This emulator ran programs from the IBM 7070 on the IBM System/360. This allowed IBM's customers to continue running their existing applications after upgrading their hardware.
[Image: yunacopy.jpg]
(10-15-2009, 11:37 AM)boogerthe2nd Wrote: As for the other question, a quick google revealed this: http://kaluszka.com/vt/emulation/history.html
Quote:The first concept of emulation actually dates back to the first computer, the Colossus. It was used by the British government in 1941 to mimic the functions of the Nazi Enigma code machine. Emulation theory was developed in 1962 and was conceived by three IBM engineers working from three different angles. The first emulator was written by Larry Moss in 1965. This emulator ran programs from the IBM 7070 on the IBM System/360. This allowed IBM's customers to continue running their existing applications after upgrading their hardware.

yeah but this is reffered to the emulation of ps2 not other emulation Tongue
[Image: 2ymccqu.jpg]
[Image: 17715.png]
(10-15-2009, 11:11 AM)stefano Wrote: Who was the first man that tried to emulate something on pc?????

'Emulate something' isn't limited to PS2 I take it Smile
[Image: yunacopy.jpg]
Ah, good old wars. They always spark the darndest inventions and ideas.
www.twitch.tv/krazytrumpeter05
Want to stream your games? Let me know and I can help you get set up with Open Broadcaster Software.
(10-15-2009, 02:47 PM)boogerthe2nd Wrote:
(10-15-2009, 11:11 AM)stefano Wrote: Who was the first man that tried to emulate something on pc?????

'Emulate something' isn't limited to PS2 I take it Smile

... but he did use the term 'pc' which would probably exclude things that were not personal computers (which means anything prior to like 1979, since that's when the first 'official' personal computers went on sale).

But yea it's still a loaded question. Emulation is basically an integral part of computing technology and theory. If you have computers, you'll have emulators.
Jake Stine (Air) - Programmer - PCSX2 Dev Team
Everything a computer does is basically emulating something in the real world, if you think about it.

Word processors are emulating typewriters, games emulate potential real world situations (to an extent), Windows Media Player emulates a theater/concert hall(ok...that one is a stretch, lol), etc etc
Want to stream your games? Let me know and I can help you get set up with Open Broadcaster Software.
(10-16-2009, 01:56 AM)KrazyTrumpeter05 Wrote: Everything a computer does is basically emulating something in the real world, if you think about it.

Word processors are emulating typewriters, games emulate potential real world situations (to an extent), Windows Media Player emulates a theater/concert hall(ok...that one is a stretch, lol), etc etc

And it's then that the line blurs between emulation and innovation. Word processors are capable of much more than typewriters, even if they are inspired by them; so much so that it's not fair to generalize them as emulators anymore.
"This thread should be closed immediately, it causes parallel imagination and multiprocess hallucination" --ardhi
Sure, but many console emulators can now do things the original consoles couldn't and they are still considered emulators.

Besides, that post wasn't intended to be taken totally seriously, but it is some interesting food for thought.