please help i am new!? - major fps problem
For your system, I'd likely run it at native resolution, in DX 10 mode if you can (not sure if that card supports DX10).

You can also try toggling 8-bit textures on and off .

Lastly, there are speedhacks in the options/configuration menu you can try, but nothing I can guarantee will work.

I'll leave any further assistance to those who've actually run the game (I no longer own FF12, and never used it with the emulator, so any help I can provide for the game is limited). I'd also recommend doing a search of the forum at the top right, I'm sure settings/speed issues for FF12 have been addressed before, you might come up with some good info that way.
AMD Phenom II 965BE @ 3.4Ghz
8 GB DDR3 1333 RAM
AMD Radeon HD 6750
Windows 7 64 bit

Sponsored links

People have already mentioned that it is very unlikely that you will get good speeds running Final Fantasy 12 with your computer. I think running the game with GSdx (the graphics plugin) in software mode might actually be your best best chance at good speeds, because software mode can take advantage of more than 2 cores, and you computer has 4 cores. Try going into the settings for GSdx and set the "Renderer" option to "Direct3D9 (Software)" and then change the number of threads to 3.

I haven't used Software mode so I don't know exactly how demanding it is, but give that a try.
CPU: Intel Core i7 3770K @3.5 GHz
RAM: 16GB DDR3 1600MHz
GPU: Nvidia GTX 680 2GB
Hello. I have recently started using PCSX2, and while the results are better than none, I am having FPS issues. I have read the previous posts, (updated directx, turned on speedhacks, etc) are there any other ways of increasing my FPS?
I am using a HP Pavillion dv7 Notebook, with Vista 64-bit Home Premium, AMD Turion X2 Dual-Core Mobile RM-72 2.1 GHz, with 4 GB DDR2 RAM.
For my plugins I am using GSdx 1476, and P.E. Op.S. SPU2 1.9.0
(10-11-2009, 03:24 AM)Moridn Wrote: Hello. I have recently started using PCSX2, and while the results are better than none, I am having FPS issues. I have read the previous posts, (updated directx, turned on speedhacks, etc) are there any other ways of increasing my FPS?
I am using a HP Pavillion dv7 Notebook, with Vista 64-bit Home Premium, AMD Turion X2 Dual-Core Mobile RM-72 2.1 GHz, with 4 GB DDR2 RAM.
For my plugins I am using GSdx 1476, and P.E. Op.S. SPU2 1.9.0

Your laptop CPU is very slow.
www.twitch.tv/krazytrumpeter05
Want to stream your games? Let me know and I can help you get set up with Open Broadcaster Software.
(10-09-2009, 03:46 PM)Sythedragon Wrote:
(10-08-2009, 11:52 PM)callmesuspect Wrote: Look, the ps2 is a recent gen console, emulation of it is not going to be great, unless you have a top of the line PC. you should expect as much.

I don't call 9 years old recent Wacko
Really?

I do call a one-gen-before-current-gen console a recent gen console...