please help i am new!? - major fps problem
Hi
This is my first time using pscx2. I am facing a problem regarding my fps.I am playing Final Fantasy 12 and getting only 20-27fps while the normal should be around 60fps,right? can anyone please help/give adviceSadSad

My pc config are:
intel core 2 quad Q82002, 2.33GHZ Processor
3 GB DDR II Ram
500GB HDD SATA
512 MB NVIDIA GeForce 8400 GS
Windows XP Prof. SP2
version of pscx2 - 0.9.6

Sponsored links

What are your system specs? Processor, video card, etc.

Also, what version of the emulator are you running?

Edit - Sweet, this post bumped me up from newbie to junior! Laugh
AMD Phenom II 965BE @ 3.4Ghz
8 GB DDR3 1333 RAM
AMD Radeon HD 6750
Windows 7 64 bit
PCSX2 is very demanding on hardware. You most likely don't have adequate hardware to run emulation at full speeds. You could try using the latest beta and experiment with speedhacks. Also tick native resolution in GSdx config, and use DX10 Hardware mode if you have a DX10 capable graphics card. List your specs.
[Image: yunacopy.jpg]
Look, the ps2 is a recent gen console, emulation of it is not going to be great, unless you have a top of the line PC. you should expect as much.
(10-08-2009, 08:36 PM)ph34rme Wrote: What are your system specs? Processor, video card, etc.

Also, what version of the emulator are you running?

Edit - Sweet, this post bumped me up from newbie to junior! Laugh
My pc config are:
intel core 2 quad Q82002, 2.33GHZ Processor
3 GB DDR II Ram
500GB HDD SATA
512 MB NVIDIA GeForce 8400 GS
Windows XP Prof. SP2
version of pscx2 - 0.9.6
Try using the latest public beta version. Your CPU is a low-clocked quad core; PCSX2 only uses 2 cores, so it prefers higher-clocked dual cores. You could try overclocking it to gain some FPS.

Also, your graphics card is pretty weak. Try ticking the 'Native' box under D3D Internal resolution.
[Image: yunacopy.jpg]
(10-09-2009, 01:05 PM)boogerthe2nd Wrote: Try using the latest public beta version. Your CPU is a low-clocked quad core; PCSX2 only uses 2 cores, so it prefers higher-clocked dual cores. You could try overclocking it to gain some FPS.

Also, your graphics card is pretty weak. Try ticking the 'Native' box under D3D Internal resolution.

Hi
Thank you for taking out some time to help me. However i am sorry, but i dont understand ur advice completely. what is low clocked quad core,whats overcloacking. how strong should the graphics card be?
Ticking the native didnt change a thing, at least the fps remained the same.
(10-08-2009, 11:52 PM)callmesuspect Wrote: Look, the ps2 is a recent gen console, emulation of it is not going to be great, unless you have a top of the line PC. you should expect as much.

I don't call 9 years old recent Wacko
AMD Phenom II 940 @ 3.6GHZ, 4GB PC8500 @ 1100MHZ, 4870x2 @ Stock.
He means your processor isn't likely to be powerful enough to run games at full speed. Some games will run, and if you search the forum you can find a list of games that run on lower power PCs, but many games will run at sub-60fps, even with tweaks.

Also, I believe the recommended card is an 8600GT or better (leaning heavily toward the "or better" end of the ballpark)
AMD Phenom II 965BE @ 3.4Ghz
8 GB DDR3 1333 RAM
AMD Radeon HD 6750
Windows 7 64 bit
(10-09-2009, 03:48 PM)ph34rme Wrote: He means your processor isn't likely to be powerful enough to run games at full speed. Some games will run, and if you search the forum you can find a list of games that run on lower power PCs, but many games will run at sub-60fps, even with tweaks.

Also, I believe the recommended card is an 8600GT or better (leaning heavily toward the "or better" end of the ballpark)

hi
thank for your reply.but does it mean replacing my gfx card with a stronger one is the only solution??? Is there no software to BOOST the fps or something?!?
By the way, This is my first time and first game Final Fantasy 12.
The problem is actually, I bought the game formated for ntsc, but my system is pal, so i obviously had to turn to emulators. Unfortunately i had to find out the truth abt ntsc and pal systems buying my most awaited gameSadSadSad
Is there any way around it?