please need help netbook suggestions
silent hill 3 requirements Wrote:MINIMUM SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS

Windows XP/ME/2000/98
1 GHz Pentium III or Athlon processor (or equivalent)
256 MB RAM
GeForce3 Ti/Radeon 8500 Video Chipset w/32MB VRAM
DirectX 8.1b or higher (not included)
DirectX 8.1 compliant sound card
4X CD-ROM or 2X DVD-ROM drive
650 MB free hard disk space

RECOMMENDED

Windows XP/2000
1.4 GHz Pentium 4 or Athlon processor
512 MB RAM
GeForce4 Ti/Radeon 8500 Video Chipset w/64MB VRAM
8X CD-ROM or 4X DVD-ROM drive
USB Gamepad controller
You should be able to run the pc version. It worked on mine without doing anything in particular, so I guess you might need to update your drivers and/or the game.

Also, even if you were able to overclock the cpu to 2.5ghz, you would not be able to run the game at 60fps assuming this is your desire speed.
AMD Athlon II 245 @ 3.55ghz, 9600GT @730mhz 1115mhz, vista sp2 32bit

Sponsored links

(04-20-2010, 02:38 AM)CKL Wrote:
silent hill 3 requirements Wrote:MINIMUM SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS

Windows XP/ME/2000/98
1 GHz Pentium III or Athlon processor (or equivalent)
256 MB RAM
GeForce3 Ti/Radeon 8500 Video Chipset w/32MB VRAM
DirectX 8.1b or higher (not included)
DirectX 8.1 compliant sound card
4X CD-ROM or 2X DVD-ROM drive
650 MB free hard disk space

RECOMMENDED

Windows XP/2000
1.4 GHz Pentium 4 or Athlon processor
512 MB RAM
GeForce4 Ti/Radeon 8500 Video Chipset w/64MB VRAM
8X CD-ROM or 4X DVD-ROM drive
USB Gamepad controller
You should be able to run the pc version. It worked on mine without doing anything in particular, so I guess you might need to update your drivers and/or the game.

Also, even if you were able to overclock the cpu to 2.5ghz, you would not be able to run the game at 60fps assuming this is your desire speed.

i got all that specs, the problem was at the start of the game...

with pcsx2 sh3 runs graphics good, i like it, but run slower like a *****...
pc version runs good, but the graphic its a ***** as you can see, so, if you can help me with settings to run the pc version ill apreciate that too much, anyway, with pcsx2 i will test with 2.2GHZ-64mb video and another ram like 936 (old desktop) I hope that someone who has already solved this problem can help me.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

You cannot put desktop RAM into a netbook, and the graphics on the PC version aren't working properly because the GMA 950 is only a basic integrated chip. In my experiments, I managed only 2.1GHz with my netbook (same processor) and even then, unplayable speeds.
Intel Core i5 3570 | 8GB DDR3 | Radeon HD6870 | Windows 7
so, its no way to play silent hill 3 on pc? or i need to buy some card, chip or anything to make playable this game on my acer netbook? i cannot buy another desktop for the moment, but i can buy another graphic card, or CPU, what you recomend for me?

i got pc and pcsx2 versions of game.

PD: can be confortable for me play on my netbook.
no, there is nothing, zip, naff all, sod all, nothing you can do to your netbook which is going to make PCSX2 playable, it simply isnt designed for it and they are non upgradable units (apart from the Solid State hard disk im told, but that probably voids your warranty).

You can play PCSX2 on a PC (im seperating that from netbook Tongue) when you can make/buy a desktop machine, you can play PCSX2 at good speeds.
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

oh! i hate my netbook, when i play star wars battlefront i tuoght was wonderfull, but now, it sox : /
(04-21-2010, 05:27 AM)danibluff Wrote: oh! i hate my netbook, when i play star wars battlefront i tuoght was wonderfull, but now, it sox : /

I have been using "EKEN M003 MINI 8 Inch Android1.6 Ebook Tablet PC UMPC MID Netbook" for 6 months and it is really great...I have bought it from www.brandsdragon.com............You can try this one....