plug ins
Tongue 
Angry
alright will get about the site in a minute...there are better ways.

can we update our plugins so that they ALL are available for ALL OSes? PLEASE! Windows seems to have an unfair advantage. Angry

All of the HDD,NET, RAW DISC access(the important stuff), its all WINDOWS. Sorry, bub, not touching windows, especially of late. Laugh

Im a fedora.Im running 22 WITH CATALYST. REPEATABLE. FIXABLE. Posted how-to on my website. Will have to update for breakage. Biggrin

Unless you have nvidia hardware, YOU SHOULD BE RUNNING THIS. open source, even from RED HAT themselves is VERY LACKING and breaks in places. DEBIAN? DONT GET ME STARTED how broken ATI drivers are.

And then there is ongoing cat and mouse with the ATI driver breaking on occasion.
Complaints about GS, zzOGL? CHECK YOUR DRIVER and openGL. Somethings probably askew or wrong.YOU NEED 3 or 3.3 MINIMUM OpenGL. The driver is at 4.4.

Near flawless Tiger Woods 09 today.I was hanging at the main creation menu last week.
Character and grass shaders are still off.

Another method I suppose now that everything is flawless.. is wine. We COULD wine the app and say to hell with it. But OpenGL checks go out the windows (pun intended) and so do hardware checks. Wine does NOT clone your hardware and some probes are revealing a nvidia fake gpu. Others reveal your true hardware. We would have to use dx9 or the dx9 HAL for this. Sound can use alsa or oss. Pulse is there and one would think it works but my experience is that its dodgy. DirectSound(DX) is another way.So is OpenAL.

Drive access and net should in theory work. Requiring drivers, however, will NOT. But since we develop for linux, why cant linux natively support these things? I would think we could start from the pcsx(1) plugins but I have yet to check that emu. I have both available to me.
---
tisk tisk

there are no captcha plugins out there that work.Im using a few of them.And they ALL stop spammers dead.This is a HASSLE.

Sponsored links

Again an interesting thread.

Maybe you could port the plugins to linux?

As you said you just start with the windows codebase and then just fix all compilation errors for the beginning. To make it work properly afterwarss should be easy for you.

Btw raw disk access is not recommended and network play somewhere between experimental and not worth to do as most servers are dead nowadays. I think hdd access is a very new feature and maybe even not considered experimental but hopeful playing with code. (But i must confess that i didnt try the new plugin by geforce)
(12-20-2015, 03:42 AM)JazzMaster889 Wrote: Angry
alright will get about the site in a minute...there are better ways.

can we update our plugins so that they ALL are available for ALL OSes? PLEASE! Windows seems to have an unfair advantage. Angry

All of the HDD,NET, RAW DISC access(the important stuff), its all WINDOWS. Sorry, bub, not touching windows, especially of late. Laugh

Im a fedora.Im running 22 WITH CATALYST. REPEATABLE. FIXABLE. Posted how-to on my website. Will have to update for breakage. Biggrin

Unless you have nvidia hardware, YOU SHOULD BE RUNNING THIS. open source, even from RED HAT themselves is VERY LACKING and breaks in places. DEBIAN? DONT GET ME STARTED how broken ATI drivers are.

And then there is ongoing cat and mouse with the ATI driver breaking on occasion.
Complaints about GS, zzOGL? CHECK YOUR DRIVER and openGL. Somethings probably askew or wrong.YOU NEED 3 or 3.3 MINIMUM OpenGL. The driver is at 4.4.

Near flawless Tiger Woods 09 today.I was hanging at the main creation menu last week.
Character and grass shaders are still off.

Another method I suppose now that everything is flawless.. is wine. We COULD wine the app and say to hell with it. But OpenGL checks go out the windows (pun intended) and so do hardware checks. Wine does NOT clone your hardware and some probes are revealing a nvidia fake gpu. Others reveal your true hardware. We would have to use dx9 or the dx9 HAL for this. Sound can use alsa or oss. Pulse is there and one would think it works but my experience is that its dodgy. DirectSound(DX) is another way.So is OpenAL.

Drive access and net should in theory work. Requiring drivers, however, will NOT. But since we develop for linux, why cant linux natively support these things? I would think we could start from the pcsx(1) plugins but I have yet to check that emu. I have both available to me.

gregory wouldn't refuse help.
can you estimate when you'll have finished porting the plugins ? that will be helfpul.
Quote:---
tisk tisk

there are no captcha plugins out there that work.Im using a few of them.And they ALL stop spammers dead.This is a HASSLE.

sure why did you register if it's a hassle ?
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
Sooo...what was the question again?
OS: Linux Mint 17.2 64 bit (occasional Antergos/Arch user)
(I am no longer a Windows user)
CPU: Intel Pentium G3258
GPU: Nvidia GTX 650 Ti