plugin Japanese to English, copy and paste
is it posible to make a plugin for pcsx2 0.9.7 to copy and paste text in the game so it can be translated, cause there are alot of japanese games out there that are good but can't really play them cause can't read japanese. any help would be apriciated thank you. or tell me what i can do and please don't tell me to learn japanese Smile

Sponsored links

Im guessing no. Translating files from PS2 disks are actually very complicated and projects like these usually take years to make. Take for example the Front Mission 5 translations (which mind you took over 4 years to complete translating everything) and the Kingdom hearts 2 FM+ translation which is not even finished yet. Its completely different from PC games translations.
My PS2 Resurrected:
AMD Phenom II x4 oc 3.4ghz
GTX 560 1gb
Western Digital 300gb hdd
4gb ddr800 kingston ram
Asrock N68-S Motherboard
No, no way this will ever be made especially the way you describe it.
[Image: newsig.jpg]
(06-07-2010, 08:10 AM)Bositman Wrote: No, no way this will ever be made especially the way you describe it.

i was not saying a game to be translated all i was saying is there a way to make a pluging like a magnify glass to scroll over the text or a copy and paste, then it conects lets say to google translate for example or whatever to translate the text
(06-07-2010, 03:08 AM)jadariin Wrote: Im guessing no. Translating files from PS2 disks are actually very complicated and projects like these usually take years to make. Take for example the Front Mission 5 translations (which mind you took over 4 years to complete translating everything) and the Kingdom hearts 2 FM+ translation which is not even finished yet. Its completely different from PC games translations.

i was not saying a game to be translated, all i was saying is there a way to make a pluging like a magnify glass to scroll over the text or a copy and paste, then it conects lets say to google translate for example or whatever to translate the text
Magnification is possible and gsdx already does that, anything else is definitely impossible.
(06-07-2010, 07:17 PM)pseudonym Wrote: Magnification is possible and gsdx already does that, anything else is definitely impossible.

So no ocr plugin can be made to get text recognition to translate all it would need to do is snap a pictur and grab and identify the text then would conect to lets say google or something to translate, was just a curious question, cause there are ocr programs out there
Yes, it can be done. Theoretically.
You'd need to do a screenshot of a frame with text in it, and feed that into the newest text detection engine.

We don't have any interest in coding anything for this though.
You're on your own with this Tongue2
Consider it like the captcha recognition (anti-captcha) that is in programs like JDownloader.
sometimes it recognizes the captcha and downloads automatically, but other times, it doesn't.
A text detection(recognition) program would almost be the same.