.pnach files
Just downloaded PSX2 and have to say I'm really impressed, MB:AA works perfectly, and I'm trying to get GGAC+ working right now so that I can use my fightstick with it. The game hangs up at the arcsys logo, and I downloaded a patch from another thread to try to fix this, which brings me to my question.

What do I do to make use of a .pnach file? I've been doing google searches, and have found all sorts of information on how to make them, but only vague references to folder I can't find for integrating them with gameplay. I'd appreciate any them with this, thanks.

Sponsored links

/PCSX2/Cheats/CRC.pnatch (CRC being the GAME'S crc)
Here is a program that will make .pnach files for you. It can also find your cheats folder. Can you tell me if it works correctly? (it is still being tested)

http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-PCSX2CE-P...eat-Editor
got it working, thanks, I threw it in the patches folder and its working fine. had to download a different version of PSX2 to get it to recognize the patches though. and fuzzy, I have no use for a program that makes these files. As i said in my orginal post, I had a .pnach file and didn't know what to do with it. I don't know about here, but on other forums its usually considered rude to advertise your stuff on other threads.
That was a non wise solution, coming back to a previous version that is going to be deprecated as soon the SVN stabilize enough and it may be soon. The only difference between the way the 0.9.6 and 0.9.7 version treats the pnach is in the former it goes indeed in the "patches" folder while in the newer it goes in the "cheats" folder.

The change is because the real patches are something between the "Fix" games and the "cheats" and so they were separated. In the new version GUI, as already implemented feature, if you "enable patches" it will apply automatically the known game fixes second the games database provided with the installer. So you see both, the Enable Cheats and Enable Patches in the GUI and they have different purposes.

PS: About the Fuzzy advertisement it was far from rude because his program was developed exactly to help people with creating the pnaches, very on topic with your thread, his work is being developed here with support from all the community, and I feel sorry for him now being so rudely treated, but let it be.

Rude are unrelated, concurrent, impertinent or otherwise non useful advertisements, his was an attempt to help you.
Imagination is where we are truly real
(08-26-2010, 01:01 PM)nosisab Ken Keleh Wrote: That was a non wise solution, coming back to a previous version that is going to be deprecated as soon the SVN stabilize enough and it may be soon. The only difference between the way the 0.9.6 and 0.9.7 version treats the pnach is in the former it goes indeed in the "patches" folder while in the newer it goes in the "cheats" folder.

The change is because the real patches are something between the "Fix" games and the "cheats" and so they were separated. In the new version GUI, as already implemented feature, if you "enable patches" it will apply automatically the known game fixes second the games database provided with the installer. So you see both, the Enable Cheats and Enable Patches in the GUI and they have different purposes.

PS: About the Fuzzy advertisement it was far from rude because his program was developed exactly to help people with creating the pnaches, very on topic with your thread, his work is being developed here with support from all the community, and I feel sorry for him now being so rudely treated, but let it be.

Rude are unrelated, concurrent, impertinent or otherwise non useful advertisements, his was an attempt to help you.

Thank you for the explanation nosisab. That helps alot, As for the "topic of this thread" I have no interest in creating .pnach files, I downloaded a workaround for a game freeze up in this format and wanted to know how to install it.