pnach help, FFX
So, using pcsx2ce, omniconvert, and pcsx2, I have not been able to get ANY cheats to work properly for my FFX game (F0800C1E CRC)
I've checked to make sure it's saving as a .pnach, I've made sure it's in the ORIGINAL pcsx2 cheat file, and that the CRC is correct that it's linked to. I've done the conversion based of AR MAX to standard unencrypted coding. I will link my Pnach file (although I mostly just want the al bhed primer volumes code, even though I couldn't find it for my CRC)
Can anyone help me wrap my brain around why this isn't working?

EDIT: Couldn't attach the pnach file or a SS of it showing its coding and that it IS a pnach file, so hopefully a direct image link will work...
http://oi57.tinypic.com/8xtyza.jpg

Sponsored links

it doesn't belong in cheats_ws just "cheats"
(09-18-2015, 05:42 AM)Saiki Wrote: it doesn't belong in cheats_ws just "cheats"

Well, that worked... kinda.. Now What I get when I try to run FFX is
"
ELF (cdrom0:\SLUS_203.12;1) Game CRC = 0xF0800C1E, EntryPoint = 0x00100008
(SYSTEM.CNF) Detected PS2 Disc = cdrom0:\SLUS_203.12;1
(SYSTEM.CNF) Software version = 0.01
(SYSTEM.CNF) Disc region type = NTSC
(GameDB) Enabled Gamefix: IpuWaitHack
Found Cheats file: 'F0800C1E.pnach'
Loaded 6 Cheats from 'F0800C1E.pnach'
Overall 6 Cheats loaded
Found Widescreen hacks file: 'F0800C1E.pnach'
Loaded 6 Widescreen hacks from 'F0800C1E.pnach'
Overall 6 Widescreen hacks loaded
EE/iR5900-32 Recompiler Reset
(EE pc:001BBF14) TLB Miss, addr=0x254 [load]
EE: Unrecognized op c0002d2d
EE: Unrecognized op c0011717
EE: Unrecognized op c0021d1d
branch 14080e0e in delay slot!
branch 14070d0d in delay slot!
(EE pc:003214D4) TLB Miss, addr=0x1b1b [load]
(EE pc:003214D4) TLB Miss, addr=0x1818 [store]
"
But my other games work..
This game is annoying with cheat codes.

Use FFXED instead.
AMD Ryzen 5 3600 @ 3.60~4.20 GHz | Corsair Vengeance LPX 32 GB (2x16GB) DDR4-3200
MSI GeForce GTX 1660 Super @ 6 GB | Samsung 980 1TB | Windows 10 Pro x64 (22H2)
cheats work fine, just verify that this is the gil code you have 100% for sure. disable all the others to test it:

NTSC U/C: 0031A028

patch=1,EE,0031A028,word,1DCD6500

make sure that one is correct first, then try the next one till you find what breaks

from one of my old cheats guides:
Quote:If your save says "Corrupted" reset and disable the patch then hit esc and enable it then. THEN hit execute and contine normally (this happens with Final Fantasy 12, so I thought I should point this out. I removed this game from the tutorial, but I leave this warning intact)
(those errors do appear with a similar problem I faced as well)
(09-18-2015, 07:54 AM)Ryudo Wrote: This game is annoying with cheat codes.

Use FFXED instead.

Firstly, GREAT name. Grandia 1 and 2 are a couple of my favorite games of all time.
Secondly, when I use FFXED I can't find my save file anywhere in my PCSX2 files.... Where should I find it?

EDIT: I found the mem card location, but it was asking for my mymc filepath in stead xD I'll update if I get FFXED working

EDIT: Okay, so my mymc isn't working... Aaaand here is why.
http://oi60.tinypic.com/347wdwg.jpg
(09-18-2015, 08:13 AM)Saiki Wrote: cheats work fine, just verify that this is the gil code you have 100% for sure. disable all the others to test it:

NTSC U/C: 0031A028

patch=1,EE,0031A028,word,1DCD6500

make sure that one is correct first, then try the next one till you find what breaks

from one of my old cheats guides:
(those errors do appear with a similar problem I faced as well)

I appreciate the help, but having tried your method, I was unable to get any of my "loaded fine" cheats to work. I'm trying the FFXED route, but am hitting a brick wall once I try to load up the MYMC pathing. My last post has a link as to why it won't work (that screen flashes for a brief moment, then closes)
Good news everyone! I got MYMC to work! Turns out I didn't extract all the files :v I just had to DL msvcp71.dll and extract it to the proper folder and voila! Everything is working now! Thank you both for your assistance!
Hey guys i hope u can help me First of all i got the pcsx2 1.4 version i downloadet the usa version of final fantasy X later i realized that there are no dark aeons so i downloadet the german version of it and tried to get the cheats which worked for the usa version on the german version i converted codes from many places and put it in the folder started the emulator for the crc name etc now i found the first problem sometimes the crc appears in the consol as 941BB7D9 sometimes it says something like not found using 00000000 instead so i got 2 crc folder with the same codes in it and hope that i fixed my problem with that but the cheats are still not working in the console it says 12 cheats found but they doesent seem to work like all key items only the gil cheat works, some solutions or am i just using the wrong codes? hope u understand me and Sorry for my bad English already Sad
The most recent post in this thread is more than 8 months old. Please create a new thread and refrain from posting in threads older than 8 months in the future. Please also review the forum rules. Thank you.
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go