pnaches not loading when using codebreaker
I'm taking advantage of widescreen hacks for certain games, however if I start my codebreaker first, select cheats, then use "swap disc" to load the game, the pnach doesn't load. I've tried putting the codebreaker code in the pnach as well, however it doesn't work, for instance with Xenosaga 2:

3E2B749A F441554E
8A06F37A 9D1642C0

It's a code for "enemies can't move". I've noticed that codes such as max health work for all games, but these ones that modify enemy behaviour don't seem to work in any games at all. That code above is from codetwink, which I understand is a RAW code, and pcsx2 now accepts raw codes. Is there any way that it should be working, so that I can just use that in the pnach and bypass using the codebreaker altogether? I remember reading somewhere that codes like that are "too complicated" for use in a pnach or something like that.

Sponsored links

(05-21-2013, 06:07 PM)bluejeans Wrote: I'm taking advantage of widescreen hacks for certain games, however if I start my codebreaker first, select cheats, then use "swap disc" to load the game, the pnach doesn't load. I've tried putting the codebreaker code in the pnach as well, however it doesn't work, for instance with Xenosaga 2:

3E2B749A F441554E
8A06F37A 9D1642C0

It's a code for "enemies can't move". I've noticed that codes such as max health work for all games, but these ones that modify enemy behaviour don't seem to work in any games at all. That code above is from codetwink, which I understand is a RAW code, and pcsx2 now accepts raw codes. Is there any way that it should be working, so that I can just use that in the pnach and bypass using the codebreaker altogether? I remember reading somewhere that codes like that are "too complicated" for use in a pnach or something like that.

Unless I completely misunderstand what the word "raw" means when it comes to codes, that doesn't appear to be raw at all...

As for your original issue, it's how PCSX2 handles game IDs. Because you're loading code breaker first, PCSX2 looks up widescreen patches based on it's ID... obviously codebreaker's ID won't match the game you wanted to use the widescreen patch for.
[Image: 2748844.png]
(05-21-2013, 06:53 PM)Koji Wrote: Unless I completely misunderstand what the word "raw" means when it comes to codes, that doesn't appear to be raw at all...

As for your original issue, it's how PCSX2 handles game IDs. Because you're loading code breaker first, PCSX2 looks up widescreen patches based on it's ID... obviously codebreaker's ID won't match the game you wanted to use the widescreen patch for.

Oh ok, this guide claims that all the codes on codetwink are raw. It's also saying that you're meant to decrypt raw codes - so does that mean I have to ENcrypt that one?
(05-21-2013, 07:39 PM)bluejeans Wrote: Oh ok, this guide claims that all the codes on codetwink are raw. It's also saying that you're meant to decrypt raw codes - so does that mean I have to ENcrypt that one?

Edit to remove misread line...
follows

The raw means the code as it is, with actual address values (least the first digit which is the code type indicator) and actual values to put inside the address.

And yes, the codes at the OP are encrypted and need to be decrypted (turned raw) before being used. To do so use converters, like Omniconverter or try one the pnach utilities you find at the homebrew forum.

PS: to try being more clear, the codes come encrypted, you need to do the contrary, as to say, decrypt them before they can be used in pnach.
Imagination is where we are truly real