pressure sensitive buttons working in pcsx2 READ MY OTHER THREAD ON THIS PLEASE.
Haha I remember that libusb thing... Tried it years ago and nearly screwed up my PC trying to install it to 64 bit Windows. All the USB ports became disabled and I didn't have PS/2 inputs, no idea how I fixed it but I vowed to stay away

Sponsored links

(07-10-2012, 02:59 PM)synce Wrote: Haha I remember that libusb thing... Tried it years ago and nearly screwed up my PC trying to install it to 64 bit Windows. All the USB ports became disabled and I didn't have PS/2 inputs, no idea how I fixed it but I vowed to stay away

Just curious what method are you using currently to connect your controller?
cpu: i5-2410m | gpu: Nvidia GT 555m 2GB | mem: 4 GB
I use motioninjoy to turn my DS3 into an Xbox 360 (xinput) pad. It works with every emu and PC game
Quote: It works with every emu and PC game

Don't spread misinformation. the Common class mode is not fully compatible with directinput titles.
Not sure abt that... but I tried MotionJoy+DS3 and it works very well for the Steam version of Arkham City.
cpu: i5-2410m | gpu: Nvidia GT 555m 2GB | mem: 4 GB
Quote:Tried it years ago and nearly screwed up my PC trying to install it to 64 bit Windows. All the USB ports became disabled and I didn't have PS/2 inputs, no idea how I fixed it but I vowed to stay away

LibUSB is ALOT better now. Before it had to replace your entire USB in order to work. Now it is able to work device specifically, even with the filter drivers. So I doubt it is even possible for it to cause that problem anymore. Not to mention they long since fixed the whole "Lib64-fix" thing.

Rama Wrote:I missed the step with install-filter-win.exe so trying that now but it never sees the Sony vendor ID..

Can you describe your problem in more detail? What you did? Maybe I can help.
Windows 7 x64 | Core i5 3570K @ 4.7ghz | nVidia Geforce GTX 760 | 8GB (2x4GB) Crucial Ballistax DDR3-1600 ram | Asus Xonar Essence STX | Logitech G500
Obviously xinput doesn't work with every game, I meant the ds3/motioninjoy combo (you can also choose directinput).

If they fixed all that mess though I might give libusb another shot when I feel like replaying the mgs games
MaJoR:
I followed your guide up to the part where you run install-filter-win.exe.
The drivers installed nicely and exposed the "DualShock 3" as a libusb device in device manager.
The install filter tool then gave me a list of devices to select from and the DS3 didn't show up there.

If it helps, I tried swapping the USB ports, removing and re-adding the DS3 in device manager and all
that while checking if the device becomes visible to Lilypads config dialog.
It didn't work though.
Rama, did you press a button on the ps3 pad so it was actually out of standby ;p
Did you remember to remove the INF drivers? Here's the process in more detail.

1. Plug in the DS3, and windows will install the dud drivers
2. Run the LibUSB INF Wizard, select the DS3, and install the INF drivers. Make note of the VID and PID, you'll need them later.
----- This is only done to get the LibUSB .sys files into the correct directories. You can copy paste, but this is easier and faster for me.
3. Uninstall the INF drivers using device manager.
----- Go ahead and checkmark "uninstall the driver" during the process. Or not, I'm pretty sure it doesn't matter. It doesn't remove the libusb0.sys files either way. Make note that if you are doing a FULL removal of libUSB you will need to delete them yourself.
4. Unplug and replug the controller. Windows will reinstall the dud drivers.
5. Run install-filter-win.exe, and install a filter driver for the dual shock 3, using the VID and PID you got before.
6. Now that a filter driver is active, native mode will be available in PCSX2. Run a game in PCSX2 and press the PS button to get the controller working, then set up the controls as you see fit.

Bonus - Once you get it working in PCSX2, the controller will work everywhere. Laugh
Windows 7 x64 | Core i5 3570K @ 4.7ghz | nVidia Geforce GTX 760 | 8GB (2x4GB) Crucial Ballistax DDR3-1600 ram | Asus Xonar Essence STX | Logitech G500