problem with PS3 controller
So i did install windows vista on my comp.
And i was putting my PS3 controller with drivers, but it didnt work. itd work with windows xp but now it dosent work at all. Windows finds it but when i press the buttons, nothing happens.
Could someone tell, if the ps3 controller is supported by vista 64 bit?

Sponsored links

it's no, only 32bit becase the drivers can't be signed
(04-26-2009, 06:02 PM)Serpent Wrote: So i did install windows vista on my comp.
And i was putting my PS3 controller with drivers, but it didnt work. itd work with windows xp but now it dosent work at all. Windows finds it but when i press the buttons, nothing happens.
Could someone tell, if the ps3 controller is supported by vista 64 bit?

If your system finds and installs a driver it should work.
First off:
ONLY FOLLOW THIS POST IF YOU FEEL COMFORTABLE RUNNING UNSIGNED DRIVERS AND REALIZE THAT YOU WILL HAVE BLUE SCREENS IF YOU DO NOT DO THIS PROPERLY, AND THIS MAY TEMPORARILY DISABLE ALL YOUR USB DEVICES IF NOT DONE PROPERLY!

I use my PS3 controller on 64 bit vista and this is how:

http://netkas.org/?p=75

If you follow the instructions EXACTLY, you will be good to go. You also need to install ReadyDriverPlus found here:

http://www.ziddu.com/download.php?uid=Zr...a%2BWlZmn1

This will automatically disable driver signature enforcement on startup. If you don't do this, your machine WILL blue screen due to having an unsigned driver(the only thing I don't like about Vista...).

WORD OF CAUTION!
You MUST disable driver signature enforcement on EVERY boot for this to work properly. It you do not, you will either blue screen crash or temporarily disable most or all of your USB devices. If this happens, you merely have to disable them in hardware manager and re-enable them.
ONLY USE THIS HALF-ASS WORKAROUND IF YOU FEEL COMFORTABLE RUNNING UNSIGNED DRIVERS!

I have used this method myself and my Dualshock 3 controller works perfectly with my PC, so it DOES work, but since the libusb64 drivers are fairly recent, there is a high potential something won't work right on your PC.

It's unfortunate that this is the only method to get a PS3 controller working on your PC with an x64 operating system because it's such a pain, but the libusb32 drivers simply do not do anything for x64 operating systems.
www.twitch.tv/krazytrumpeter05
Want to stream your games? Let me know and I can help you get set up with Open Broadcaster Software.
Were you able to get this to work?
Want to stream your games? Let me know and I can help you get set up with Open Broadcaster Software.
Havent tried yet. But i will try this out if there arent any "easier" way Smile
So if anybody knows a easier way for make ps3 controller work on Vista 64 bit, please tell me Smile
Easiest way is if you go back to a 32 bit windows and follow this video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gzgyKXApd...re=related

*These drivers do not work on 64 bit vista*
KrazyTrumpeter05 - i didnt get it to work. Its shots down all my usb devices and disables my internet Smile well.. it think i must only wait for some good drivers to come out
Did you disable driver signature enforcement when you restart your computer?
yes Smile