problem with tekken 5
hi to all
i installed and configured the emulator and set all together
but the game run slow and the sound sometimes elongate(slow down)40-50 fps and there are vertical lines at the screen that bother me
and i expected the very realistic and fast game using this emulator
please help
and tell me if anyone runs tekken 5 FULLY PLAYABLE and fast as the real ps2?
my os:

amd phenom 2 955 black edition
dfi lan party m2r mother board
4 gb crucial balistx tracer rams
nvidia geforce gtx 295
acbel 900 watts power
win 7 64 bits ultimate

please help

Sponsored links

that's a very demanding game. What is you cpu clockspeed, btw ?
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
3.2 ghz
but tell me is there any setting or new bioses for running game better?
and tell me anyone run this game fully fast like ps2?
new bioses ?
did you see any new PS2 coming out those early past years ?
I guess it can be run full speed if you have at least a 3.5ghz dual core.
I have a AMD Phenom II 945 and it runs full speed with "speedhacks enabled". The weird thing is that if I enable frame limiter, fps is shown at 60 but the game runs slow. If I disable frame limiter fps is shown at 60-100 but the game speed turns to normal speed, even at 60 fps. Also I select native resolution and enable progressive scan in the game options to get rid of those vertical lines.
People only know what you have told them.
(07-23-2010, 12:14 PM)PyramidHead Wrote: I have a AMD Phenom II 945 and it runs full speed with "speedhacks enabled". The weird thing is that if I enable frame limiter, fps is shown at 60 but the game runs slow. If I disable frame limiter fps is shown at 60-100 but the game speed turns to normal speed, even at 60 fps. Also I select native resolution and enable progressive scan in the game options to get rid of those vertical lines.

This is a known limitation in console games, even though the emulator displays "60 FPS" the console that originally rendered the game might have only gotten like 43 FPS full speed, so your going to see the same exact thing in an emulator (I saw this with Goldeneye 007 in Project 64, it said I had a constant 60 FPS but it literally looked like I was getting 24 or less in some areas)

It's just the hardware limitations, I guess the developers didn't completely optimize the game in advance for the stress on the CPU.

I would test this game but... at best I'm only going to do the equal of just a single core of the Core 2 duo @ 3.0 ghz.

4.25 ghz x 50% = 6.375/2 = 3.188 - 5% ('possible error margin') = 3.02.

If I had a Gallatin Pentium 4 with 2 Hyperthreaded cores at the same frequency then I would be able to play a lot of PS2 games without a hitch, at about 85% better than what I'm doing now (70-80+ FPS max on FFX @ 4.25 ghz) (but they have double the cache so they would catch up slightly with the core 2 duo, Netburst was limited entirely by the amount of cache and by the length of the instruction pipeline.)

Fun, isn't it? Whenever I pick up a C2D or C2Q I'm going to overclock it as far as it'll go, freeze it and crank out at least 100 FPS in some of my favorite games.

And YES, I know that the speed between architectures is completely different, that's exactly why I'm giving accurate comparisons in terms of cache, frequency and speed disparity.

If you want to know the real speed of my processor, it's nearly 6.4 billion floating point operations a second max, and my GPU? About 70 billion, at stock, and up to 90-100 billion with some overclocking. Wink

These amounts of floating point operations COUNT 100% in PCSX2, because the 2 VU units do ALL of the floating point work for the PS2 virtual machine, and it just so happens that the Pentium 4 was one of the worst processors you could have picked out for floating point work.

Still, it was a gift 3 years ago, and I've made plenty of good work out of it by encoding, benchmarking, overclocking and gaming! Tongue

I get similar FPS on Crysis Warhead as I do PCSX2, and they're almost similarly as intensive in terms of CPU and GPU at minimum or mid settings, so that's why I draw a line between the two, it's just that Crysis doesn't have any working speedhacks to raise your framerate 25-50%.
CPU: Pentium D 'Presler' 915 2.8 ghz 2x2MB L2 @ 3.5 ghz
GPU: eVGA [Nvidia] 8600GT 256MB SSC DDR3
Tested: FFX, FFX-2, FFXII, MGS3, KH, KH2, The Hobbit NTSC
PCSX2 FTW! Biggrin
Quote:I get similar FPS on Crysis Warhead as I do PCSX2, and they're almost similarly as intensive in terms of CPU
er... no.
pcsx2 is far more intensive.
now, it really depends on the game you're trying to run.