problems running some games
i know that not all games can run at full speed, but i was wondering if there was some sort of best settings for a high end gaming laptop.

my cpu- intel core i7-2670qm @ 2.20 ghz 4 cores, 8 logical processors,
gpu- nvidia GeForce GTX 560M 3 gigs of video mem
memory- 12 gigs of ram
os- windows 7 home

the version of pcsx2 is 0.9.8 r4600
gs- 4600 15.00 sse41 1.16
spu2-spu2-x r4779 2.0
cdvdGigaherz r4510 .8.0

and the rest is default

i am playing games like .hack//imoq, .hack//gu, shadow of the colossus, dark cloud, persona,

i know i shadow that it lags alot even if i do put speed hacks and stuff on
in .hack//gu game is fine but sometimes it gets pretty slow like 30 fps sometimes 15 fps during avatar fights

dark cloud gameplay is allright 50 to 60 fps but cut scenes are slow 30 fps it sounds as if the main char is a bit slow

Sponsored links

awesome setup+^_^+ only thing i can think of is using a SVN Release for the NEW MTVU hack that takes advantage of multiple cores+^_^+ get that, use recommended hacks, and SW mode for games that need it and you should be able to fly. if your still having issues with lag, you can consider some mild overclocking for your CPU (3.0 GHz-ish)+^_^+
Signature purposefully left blank.
forget about overcloking since you have a laptop.
you'll fry your CPU if you try to push it to 3 Ghz.

as a side note :

- VU cycle stealing works very well with shadow of the colossus while MTVU hack slows it down.
- for some games, using software mode and setting SW threads to 4 may help you.
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
^^^ didn't see the "m" in the processor specs+^_^+ don't listen to me, laptop overclocking is really tricky and often requires some cooling modification+^_^+ best to search around for models of your own model and see where people had success/failures regarding such things+^_^+
(04-03-2012, 04:04 AM)ChikTikka Wrote: ^^^ didn't see the "m" in the processor specs+^_^+ don't listen to me, laptop overclocking is really tricky and often requires some cooling modification+^_^+ best to search around for models of your own model and see where people had success/failures regarding such things+^_^+

even if it is not a lap in it is not an open Sandy he can't OC no matter what Laugh
(04-03-2012, 05:38 AM)abdo123 Wrote: even if it is not a lap in it is not an open Sandy he can't OC no matter what Laugh
depends, i just got a look at a classmates $2000 Asus laptop with said processor (or it was the 2630qm) that had OC options in its BIOS, but i think OC was achieved through FSB, i'll have to ask if i can get a btter look+^_^+. i offered to trade my car for it but she said no (it's got almost $10k worth of software on it, courtesy of the military)+^_^+