processor help
i have inte core2duo e4600 2.4ghz processor
1 gb ram
no external gpu only some motherboard inbuilt one.

i want to play ps2 games in my comp. i know i need to buy a gpu and planning to buy nvidia 9600 gt. but beofre tht i wanna make sure my processor is strong enough to run the ps2 game in full speed . i dont wanna waste money if after buying gpu and the processor is lagging . please help tell whether my processor is strong enough to suppourt ps2 games........thnx in advance.

i mostly like to play dbz and smackdown game

so u gutz r suggesting me to buy a ps2 itself than change mt processor and buy gpu for it right................

Sponsored links

Your processor will be the source of a lot of frustrating slowdowns. The recommended system is a 3.2ghz and higher. You may get most 2d games and many of the simpler 3d games to work, but the majority of 3d ones will lag and have some pretty bad slowdowns.
[Image: 2748844.png]
well i have duo 2.2 GF 8800 GTS 640.... About 4 GB of RAM and Final Fantasy seems to be working fine but now i got some problem and the trueth if not out therLaugh
what to do have no idea Game Crash at 1 moment and thets it.....
Its posible to happen to you too....so if you update your PC and some Game wont work...dont call us a (Bad WORDS).
Smile
Depends which Final Fantasy. FFX is known to be one of the easiest to emulate 3d PS2 games (in terms of not needing a top of the line computer for it) FFXII is a decent bit harder, but still can get pretty good results even without a top of the line machine.
Dragon, If you have a decent PSU and after market cooler you can possibly overclock your CPU to 3-3.2Ghz. This is also granted that you have a mainboard that supports Overclocking. With some research, people have gotten that CPU to 3.0Ghz with air cooling and 3.3Ghz with better air cooling or water cooling.

When Overclocking, watch out for memory speeds and timing. You definitely need a new GPU and that 9600 should be fine. Your CPU at 3.0-3.2Ghz and that 9600 should get you 60Fps on a lot of games.
Laptop: Apple MacBook Pro Retina 15' | Intel Core i7-4850HQ @ 2.3-3.5Ghz | Optimus Powered nVidia Geforce GT 750M (2GB GDDR5) + Intel Iris Pro Graphics | 16GB (2x8GB) DDR3 1600Mhz RAM | Intel HD Audio | Apple Magic Trackpad | Samsung 512GB PCI-E Based SSD |
i mostly want to plat dbz game and smack down . is this processor enough?
The smack down games require a pretty high end processor. Your CPU would not get steady high fps in that set of games. Not sure about the DBZ games.
Estimated cpu+gpu for dbz and smackdown vs raw games is a c2d 2.8ghz and that card you are planning to buy. Oh, and that configuration does not need to use vu cycle stealing, which is a good thing.
Intel C2D E7500 2.940 ghz
MSI P45 Neo
MSI R5770 1GB
WD Caviar SE16 640GB
Seagate 320GB Barracuda 7200.10
2GB Kingston Value ram
Windows XP SP3/Windows 7 Ultimate 32-bit Dual Boot
(12-24-2009, 10:29 AM)mackoyski Wrote: Estimated cpu+gpu for dbz and smackdown vs raw games is a c2d 2.8ghz and that card you are planning to buy. Oh, and that configuration does not need to use vu cycle stealing, which is a good thing.
Dragonindian, just overclock your processor from 2400mhz to 2800mhz. And then see yourself if it works fine. Follow a decent overclockguide and you're very safe doing it.Smile

And I would recommend buying a ATI 4770 or so. Is faster than the 9600. The 9600 eats quite some energy compared to the modern ATI cards.
C2D E8500 3166mhz => running 3800mhz, 2GB RAM, Asus GT240 512mb GDDR5 overclocked
Currently playing: none on PCSX2
Right, you trade power consumption for heat and horrible driver performance. The 9600's do not eat that much power, at least compared to the 9800+ cards. What good is a card that is held back by software? Not saying that the 4770 is a bad card, because it isn't. But you can get a more bang for buck with the 9600.

Your CPU will have enough power to run the games when you OC it to around 3Ghz. People have got it to run stable higher than that. But you will need an after market cooler to keep your CPU from burning a hole through the metal. (Speaking figuratively, but with crazy amounts of heat it is possible.)

Be sure that your mainboard and PSU are up to the task however. Replacing the CPU will not excuse you from a weak PSU, so you know. The PSU and cooler are the 2 most important things aside from the mainboard that will make your CPU run stable. (OC'ed or high clocked CPU)
Laptop: Apple MacBook Pro Retina 15' | Intel Core i7-4850HQ @ 2.3-3.5Ghz | Optimus Powered nVidia Geforce GT 750M (2GB GDDR5) + Intel Iris Pro Graphics | 16GB (2x8GB) DDR3 1600Mhz RAM | Intel HD Audio | Apple Magic Trackpad | Samsung 512GB PCI-E Based SSD |