proper shutdown with controller possible?
Hi,
while I use the pcsx2 in combination with kodi (xbmc) on my htpc I need a proper shutdown of pcsx2 after finished playing to return to kodi. Unfortunately I couldn't manage this with my ps3 controller (with lilypad). Even if I use the "exit" button on my keypad (which I normally haven't available on my htpc), I only can close the gamewindow. So is there any way to shut down the whole programm with a keycode or better with my controller?

thx a lot
cheers Mario

Sponsored links

I think you can either:
- run pcsx2 in -nogui mode. Like this pcsx2 is closed on ESC (I guess this is your 'exit' button). In -nogui you can not make changes and need to specify the game you want to load by the command line args.
- use some gamepad-key mapper like joy2key. Depending on what kind of operating system you use this might be available or not. (If you posted in the correct section there should be some mapper available. Like that you can bind L3 to Alt+F4)
(09-14-2015, 10:14 PM)willkuer Wrote: I think you can either:
- run pcsx2 in -nogui mode. Like this pcsx2 is closed on ESC (I guess this is your 'exit' button). In -nogui you can not make changes and need to specify the game you want to load by the command line args.
- use some gamepad-key mapper like joy2key. Depending on what kind of operating system you use this might be available or not. (If you posted in the correct section there should be some mapper available. Like that you can bind L3 to Alt+F4)

thx a lot, I will try!

And btw.: yes I mean the ESC Button Wink
Does -nogui work again? I know (and this was some time ago) it was broken for a long while
Intel Core i7-8700k @5ghz
G.Skill 16GB DDR4 @3600mhz
GeForce GTX 1080 8GB
Windows 10 x64
(09-15-2015, 12:04 AM)hellbringer616 Wrote: Does -nogui work again? I know (and this was some time ago) it was broken for a long while

well, it looks so... but you should use --nogui instead of -nogui. But I didnt know if there isnt some processes still alive in the background when you esc?
I think it is fixed.... But slightly unsure.
PCSX2 1.2.1 stable build has the issue with the "zombie" pcsx2.exe process not ending even when using the --nogui option.

I'm in the exact same boat as OP. I'm using Kodi to launch a ROM within PCSX2. Using --nogui successfully closes out of PCSX2 and brings me back to Kodi. However, later on when I decide to quit out of Kodi entirely, it hangs. It's not until I manually end the rogue pcsx2 process that Kodi can close out.

It's apparently been fixed in version 1.3.1. However, how do I easily get that version as an executable? I only see the sourcecode on Github. What would be the easiest way for me to upgrade to 1.3.1 and also keep all my settings I made within 1.2.1 intact?

Thanks!
(09-15-2015, 04:36 AM)Magic815 Wrote: It's apparently been fixed in version 1.3.1. However, how do I easily get that version as an executable? I only see the sourcecode on Github. What would be the easiest way for me to upgrade to 1.3.1 and also keep all my settings I made within 1.2.1 intact?

1/ save your current inis folder in a separate directory as backup.
2/ get the latest 1.3.1 builds from the build bot
3/ replace the inis folder with your back up inis folder.

And, You're good to go Wink
We're supposed to be working as a team, if we aren't helping and suggesting things to each other, we aren't working as a team.
- Refraction
(09-15-2015, 04:49 AM)ssakash Wrote: 1/ save your current inis folder in a separate directory as backup.
2/ get the latest 1.3.1 builds from the build bot
3/ replace the inis folder with your back up inis folder.

And, You're good to go  Wink

Looking at your link, the builds don't seem to have any .exe files. Am I missing something? If I go to your link then click the link that says "legacy builds from SVN repo," I'm able to grab revision 5932 which has an .exe file. (Although it is actually revision 5927 when I extract the download).

However, when I launch this .exe from Kodi it does not work when I add the '--nogui' to the attributes. It launches fine from Kodi without the '--nogui,' but the second I add it, it no longer launches PCSX2.

Thoughts?
At the given link you will find a table containing a download column. Select the highest available download link.

The svn builds are quite old.

Here you can find a summary of the command line options