ps2 controller problem
Better yet... upgrade from Windows 8.1 to Windows 7.

Not a typo.
[Image: XTe1j6J.png]
Gaming Rig: Intel i7 6700k @ 4.8Ghz | GTX 1070 TI | 32GB RAM | 960GB(480GB+480GB RAID0) SSD | 2x 1TB HDD

Sponsored links

I agree with you on that one Blyss.
[Image: gmYzFII.png]
[Image: dvedn3-5.png]
Thanks for the reply guys..
actually i was planning to buy new hdd since i only have 250gb and my files aren't going smaller

so
2 diff OS 2 HDD in one pc i think will solve my problem.. Smile
I'm glad you are looking for a 'solution' by multi-booting but I have to say...why?
Why not just change your OS to Windows 7 SP1? It is stable, works with pretty much everything on the market (including the latest hardware) without issues, and it has very broad game compatibility. I run DOSBox for older DOS games and compatibility mode usually fixes other stuff (or fan patches do).

I'm curious why you want to bother with Win8.1? What 'features' do you use with it? Is it really worth keeping as a separate OS?
If you contact the place you got your computer from (at least in the US) then most places worth a damn will be willing to get you a free 'change' to a Windows 7 license.

In fact, HP recently reintroduced selling brand-new computers with Windows 7 'back by popular demand' and have a huge advertising campaign with it. Seems M$ relaxed their OEM restrictions at least.

Did you get your computer recently? If there is a return policy with it, tell them you'll take your business elsewhere if they aren't willing to work with you on it. If they fail, you can try contacting M$ directly and perhaps threaten to move to Linux or Apple if they aren't willing to help you. It is worth a shot, worked for a few friends of mine.
They say windows 8.1 will get me fps boost around 5 - 19 fps. i play mostly games after work and i have a pc which is 7 years old i think
i bought my new hdd and installed win 7 home premium and my other hdd is win 8.1 so far my problem was solve

PC specs:
intel core2duo worfdale e8400 3.0ghz
asus P5Q green
4gb ddr2 pc 800 kingston
sapphire 5770
500gb hdd nad 250hdd
Just saw this post and created an account so I could give a reply Biggrin

Windows 8 and 8.1 disable 'unsigned' drivers by default (if it's 64-bit, it won't even tell you this is happening!). So, you install your driver, the driver install program says success, and Windows 8 immediately tosses your new driver into the netherworld. I'm guessing most PS2 controller to PC adapters have unsigned drivers.

Disabling this...um...'feature' in Windows 8 can be done. Not fun, involves lots of restarts, but you can do it. There's a guide (with pictures!) here:

http://www.howtogeek.com/167723/how-to-d...d-drivers/

Once you've got signature verification turned off, you should be able to install the drivers for your device. You may have to then manually select the driver for it in Printers and Devices or Device Manager.

HTH!