psx2 games working slow
i have HP Pavilion dv6-2151ee Entertainment Notebook PC laptop
config- i5,1gb nvidia vga,4gb ram-
all latest pc game like arkhamcity, assassin creed re5 works smooth with 720 hd resolution,

i install psx2 tried dragonballz god of war smackdown vs raw metal gear solid all ps2 game working slow at 29-33 fps

is there any problem wid my laptop or do i need some psx2 config
psx2 setting is very complicated, i wud be really greatful if sum1 wud help me with it.

Sponsored links

In order to help you further with your problem, please make sure the following are all provided.
  • Your CPU clockspeed.
  • The version of PCSX2 you are using.
  • Any non default settings you are using.
  • What games you are trying to play and if you are playing them from ISO or DVD.

Thank You.
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
^Agreed
You might want to use native resolution in the gpu pluggin setting`s, also try using some of the speed hacks the EE cycle rate set to 2 may help with 3d games and with my old computer had great increases . Try ticking the first 2 boxes on the left in the Speedhack`s window and the first on the right. Not sure if All i5 cpu`s have 4 cores but you can always try the MTvu hack and see if it helps.
Msi GF-62VR
Intel  core i7 7700hq @2.8(3.5ghz turbo) Nvidia 6gig GTX1060 16 gigs DDr5   windows 10
*base 64 images don't work here - ref*
the same problem with me man

ati readon cards sucks and make games very slow i heard on explain why he says low memory

but i ge force you will find the graphics cards work very well because of the high memory in them

so if you ask me why i would says to you because of your card type and it maybe because of your system power

so pleas tell us your system information
AMD Radeon cards don't suck Smile and the more memory a gfx has the slower the memory is Smile Radeons are more affordeable and u get more bang for ur buck, so don't blame it on the GPU Smile
And OP isn't even using radeon card, learn to read next time.
(02-12-2012, 08:18 PM)StriFe79 Wrote: AMD Radeon cards don't suck Smile and the more memory a gfx has the slower the memory is Smile Radeons are more affordeable and u get more bang for ur buck, so don't blame it on the GPU Smile

lol i am confused what should i chose redeaon or nevida put for sure

this web site improve that ati redeaon 6990 is more better then geforce 590
http://www.hwcompare.com/9822/geforce-gt...n-hd-6990/

but seriously i am not expert in those things and i take back my word about redeaon cards

will i admit that i am not full under stand english language because i am all new on it and i am trying to learn it very well and i am from country that dosent talk english any way ...... so dont be impress if you saw me make some of worrng read warrng words
Intel core i5 - 2.5 ghz
Ati radeon HD 545V
Excuse me sir,
I have a SAMSUNG RV409 with specs below
OS Win 7
VGA (approx.total memory 762 MB) but i dont know what it is
RAM 2 GB
Intel Pentium IV Dual Core 2,1 GHz
and i have played fifa 12 on pcsx2 0.9.8 but when i play (in field) the fps only reach 15 fps

please help me , extra thanks for you all
(02-13-2012, 01:08 AM)Davida Alpine Wrote: Excuse me sir,
I have a SAMSUNG RV409 with specs below
OS Win 7
VGA (approx.total memory 762 MB) but i dont know what it is
RAM 2 GB
Intel Pentium IV Dual Core 2,1 GHz
and i have played fifa 12 on pcsx2 0.9.8 but when i play (in field) the fps only reach 15 fps

please help me , extra thanks for you all

your PC is a crap
get a real+modern PC now or your are stuck at 15fps otherwise play on your PS2 console for the momment.
modern+decent+gaming PC now-a-days around 750 chits
Main PC1:i5-4670,HD7770(Active!)
Main PC2:i5-11600K,GTX1660Ti(Active!)
PCSX2 Discord server IGN:smartstrike
PCSX2 version uses:Custom compiled build 1.7.0 64-bit(to be update regularly)
smartstk's YouTube Channel
Although rather blunt.. tallbender is right, your PC doesn't meet the minimum specs to run PCSX2.

Anyway, try using speed hacks, like upping EE cyclerate and seeing if it helps. You can also try and use VU cycle steeling, But that has a high chance of breaking games
Intel Core i7-8700k @5ghz
G.Skill 16GB DDR4 @3600mhz
GeForce GTX 1080 8GB
Windows 10 x64