[purple windows/underside cars] Burnout revenge/Burnout 3 graphic/texture glitch
if it occurs with software, it could be influenced externally.... by driver settings for instance.

Sponsored links

(08-18-2011, 04:51 PM)Squall Leonhart Wrote: if it occurs with software, it could be influenced externally.... by driver settings for instance.

Thanks for your insight ^^ because i had a suspicion too that i could be a catalyst setting..

I'll try to fiddle with those and report back ^^
(A.I./mipmap settings etc)
no luck either after fiddling with the catalyst settings Sad

edit: after switching to zerogs (ye slow frame update + lots of garbage on screen) and then back to GSdx resolved the issue partially, no purple windows/underside of cars (but now more missing post process effects + black sky)

My gut feeling is telling me that the black sky + purple windows are somehow related in some manner ?
My suspicion is that they are.

I think the windows reflect the sky (I'll have to check and confirm this later on my PS2), although it doesn't matter if the sky is actually there or not. It could just be a weird part of a missing texture.
Want to contribute? Don't know how? Check out the PCSX2 Wiki page!

Keep safe with MyWOT.

I have everything...
Nope the black sky is normal. It can be fixed by booting the game in software mode, getting into a race, then re exit and switch back to hardware mode (with F9). Maybe it is caused by your graphics card drivers, check and make sure AA is disabled in your gfx card drivers...
[Image: newsig.jpg]
(08-19-2011, 12:20 PM)Bositman Wrote: Nope the black sky is normal. It can be fixed by booting the game in software mode, getting into a race, then re exit and switch back to hardware mode (with F9). Maybe it is caused by your graphics card drivers, check and make sure AA is disabled in your gfx card drivers...

Tried that also without results Sad
Ah well i guess i have to live with it Tongue otherwise the game is running brilliantly ^^
Weird...then I'll also have to guess it's a PAL only issue indeed since the NTSC version I run does not have the issue...
(08-19-2011, 06:45 PM)Bositman Wrote: Weird...then I'll also have to guess it's a PAL only issue indeed since the NTSC version I run does not have the issue...

hmm strange.. i have tried the PAL and NTSC version.. both the same.
I normally use the NTSC bios but also tried the PAL bios.
Then I can only conclude it's the graphics card drivers...you could try it on another PC to confirm it I guess. Maybe some outdated DirectX? (unlikely but try running the direct X web updater just in case). Do you get the purple effect with all car classes (muscle, super etc?) It could also be some obscure D3d9 only bug although I tested on DX9 and still didn't get the glitch here...
(08-19-2011, 07:26 PM)Bositman Wrote: Then I can only conclude it's the graphics card drivers...you could try it on another PC to confirm it I guess. Maybe some outdated DirectX? (unlikely but try running the direct X web updater just in case). Do you get the purple effect with all car classes (muscle, super etc?) It could also be some obscure D3d9 only bug although I tested on DX9 and still didn't get the glitch here...

I get the problem indeed with all car classes, though sometimes not so visible but it's there.

I will make a try to test it on my GF's pc and see what the results are. Furthermore i'm updating my catalyst to 11.8 and try the directx updater Wink

Thank for your help thus far Smile